• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holesaw deal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should be in "Cyber Deals".

Not sure if eBay links are allowed there.

4-1/2" bi-metal holesaw are $35 at Home Depot and Lowes.
I haven't seen any other 4-5/8" holesaws. You get an extra 1/8" of airflow, but it still fits a 120mm fan.

great price if you need one of these. Hole saws are EXPENSIVE.

FYI, This also needs a pilot bit to work correctly.

I've discovered never use a wood hole saw on a metal case...pretty much makes them a one time use deal.

Yeah, you're MUCH better off to get a Dremel--they'll stick around forever, and each bit lasts more than 4 holes in a standard metal case...which is 3 more than your average hole saw will do ;)

Yeah, you're MUCH better off to get a Dremel--they'll stick around forever, and each bit lasts more than 4 holes in a standard metal case...which is 3 more than your average hole saw will do ;)

If you already have a drill, I'd rather spend $10 on a holesaw than cutting out holes with a dremel. Faster, cleaner, and overall harder to get hurt/mess up.

This holesaw should have no problem cutting up an aluminum case. Obviously it will have some problems cutting through steel...

If you get a bi-metal hole saw it'll slice through aluminum like butter and will last plenty of times. You'd have to be pretty dumb if to use a wood hole saw on a metal case.

The holesaw works great. I cut 2 holes in my aluminum case easily. Took less than a minute each. The blade is still very sharp.

Attachments

• Hole Cut.jpg
    Hole Cut.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 71
Back