• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting linux booted from windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

Is there a way? I have OpenSuSE 11, with no way to get to it. Don't have my cds & the windows bootloader is on the mbr.

Last edited:
if you have any cd/dvd's you could burn , knoppix or an ubuntu live cd

Both, normal grub and the windows bootloader can both boot windows and linux just fine. No need for things like unetbootin for this

why dear god why would you want to boot linux from windows?

or do you mean you want to dual boot windows and linux?

Both, normal grub and the windows bootloader can both boot windows and linux just fine. No need for things like unetbootin for this

Tell me how, grub is being a real pain & won't boot windows!!

Documentation is always helpful. Retyping the grub docs herewon't help him: first he has to make an effort to solve his problem on his own, then when he has specific questions which aren't easily answered in the docs he should ask here. This is the common courtesy someone needing help is expected to do: if someone is so lazy not to even try to read documentation and showing he has made an effort himself, why would anyone else help him for free and wasting time with him? If one expects that level of help, hire a professional: then you can be lazy and not doing anything cause you pay people for their work.

Documentation is always helpful. Retyping the grub docs herewon't help him: first he has to make an effort to solve his problem on his own, then when he has specific questions which aren't easily answered in the docs he should ask here. This is the common courtesy someone needing help is expected to do: if someone is so lazy not to even try to read documentation and showing he has made an effort himself, why would anyone else help him for free and wasting time with him? If one expects that level of help, hire a professional: then you can be lazy and not doing anything cause you pay people for their work.

I got it fixed.

you can actually boot in to linux using the windows boot loader.

Back