• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M2N32-SLI Deluxe GPU Issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomWoolford

Registered
I've got an M2N32-SLI Deluxe Board with a 9800GT in Slot 1.
What I'd Like to do is put an 8600GTS in Slot 2 that I have just lying around for another display. The Issue I seem to be having, is that Windows Doesn't seem to detect the Second Card. After playing around with it, I'm not even sure I can run 2 different PCI-X 16 cards even though they aren't in SLI.

Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :clap:

:welcome: to OCF!

Have you got a monitor plugged into the second card? If not you'll need to trick windows into thinking there is by installing a dummy plug to simulate a monitor being plugged in. There's a link around here somewhere that shows how to make a dummy plug but I can't find it. :-/ The link is somewhere in the SETI section, IIRC ...

Unfortunately im Beginning to Believe that the 8600GTS I was going to use is bad. I plug it into the Primary PCI X 2.0 Slot after unplugging the 9800GT and all I get is black. Computer posts, but it's just black which is weird. Out of all the other GPU issues I've had, if the card was actually bad, the Mobo wouldn't post. I'm thinking about just finding another card off eBay or something to use as a Second Cruncher next to my 9800GT.

Oh and I made the dongle with the resistors and that Didn't help, which is what led me to believe the card went sour.
I'll figure something Out :bang head

Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) second GPU to run along with my 9800GT?

Back