• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPS drop after alt-tabing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flagship

When i load up cs:source and play, my fps is where it should be. however, if i alt-tab and come back to css, my fps drops by about half, and i cannot get it back to its proper level without restarting the game. anyone have a clue what the problem could be? i've tried messing around with windows power settings, EIST, and turbo mode to no avail. thanks :(

When i load up cs:source and play, my fps is where it should be. however, if i alt-tab and come back to css, my fps drops by about half, and i cannot get it back to its proper level without restarting the game. anyone have a clue what the problem could be? i've tried messing around with windows power settings, EIST, and turbo mode to no avail. thanks :(

try this and see what happens
Code:
right click on *exe file / properties /Compatibility tab:
checked 2 boxes
- Disable visual themes
- Disable Desktop composition

Hmm, thanks for the quick response. it didn't seem to fix it though. i am running windows 7 64-bit, btw. would it matter that, according to task manager, the game is running in 32 bit mode?

do you alt tab alot if so just play in a window you will only drop a few fps

and what do you play reg gg

if you have ventrillio i can pm you my info you can come in and i can help you with stuff

i don't alt tab that much, just between scrims and stuff. also, i rather not play in window mode. anyway, yeah you can definitely pm me your vent info or come to mine.

Back