• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 113-M2-E113 Bios? :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheRagnarok

I am using this EVGA 113-M2-E113-TR mobo with a Phenom II X2 550BE, 2x2gig Mushkin DDR2 @1066, and a XFX GTS 250 1GB. I can change the multiplier via the "CPU FID" string (EVGA said I couldn't, but I read on this site that I could).

But on bootup it says "processor model unknown", it also says "AMD processor model unknown" this in device manager in Windows 7 build 7600. And yes I have flashed to the cough* Newest available bios from EVGA "http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=2" .

And lol it shows the bios release date as "01/01/1900" lol wtf, didn't know the mobo was THAT OLD :screwy: jk. Also, the main reason I want this to work is so I can get a decent Beta Profile for StarCraft II's beta Opt-In, but I'm getting nowhere with a rated processor speed of 3xxxxxxxxx (via beta opt in application) :eek:

There are a lot of forum posts lately about EVGA motherboard owners having bios problems.

Did you check EVGA's website to see if this CPU is supported by the lates bios for that board before you bought the CPU?

There are a lot of forum posts lately about EVGA motherboard owners having bios problems.

Did you check EVGA's website to see if this CPU is supported by the lates bios for that board before you bought the CPU?

I couldn't find a cpu support list on their site. And I bought the cpu, ram, mobo, video card at the same time. I seen a review on newegg stating that the EVGA mobo will support an AM3 cpu with a bios flash.
And I'm currently running this Phenom II X2 550BE @ 3.7 GHZ (200 fsb, 18.5 multiplier, stock voltage "auto") stable on air with a Xigmtech HDT-S1284.
Here's the conversation with EVGA's support:

ME: Question (07/23/2009 7:12:13 AM): Hi, I recently purchased this motherboard new. It runs great!, but I can't figure out how to change the multiplier for my AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition. Also, the overclocking section of the bios could use an update to make overclocking easier (what the heck are those hex numbers anyway). I also bought this motherboard under the assumption that there was Hybrid Sli/Hybrid Power. But I can't seem to get it to work with my XFX GTS 250. Please help.

THEM: Answered By Dave B (07/23/2009 10:43:34 AM): Hello, unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way of adjusting the multiplier on this board. The board is more of a baseline model, ti has some solid features but those features are more geared to a media center type application, not overclocking. Also, Hybrid SLI was only supported on a very select number of 8000 and 9000 low-mid range cards, nothing as advanced as the 200 series, or even 88/98GTX series's. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have further issues please feel free to email us back or call support anytime 24/7. Thanks EVGA Tech Support

ME: Question (07/23/2009 10:27:25 PM): Well ummm ya, I got the multiplier to work. It was the setting "CPU FID" in the bios. I'm currently running my Phenom II X2 @ 4GHz!!!! 200fsb x 20.0 Multiplier. Also, My bios will not recognize my Phenom, it just says "AMD Processor Model Unkown 4.0GHz". It says this in the bios and in Windows. I think this board needs a few bugs worked out in the bios.

THEM: Answered By Jayson C (07/24/2009 5:58:52 AM): Dear Rueal, Have you attempted to run a bios update from the EVGA.com website. There is an update that improves processor compatibility. Thank you, EVGA

Last edited:
Well,

At least it performs like it should. Hopefully, EVGA will come up with another bios revision that includes more comprehensive cpu recognition data. Trouble is, the board manufacturers move on to newer models and after not much time it seems they no longer are writing new bioses for their older products.

Well,

At least it performs like it should. Hopefully, EVGA will come up with another bios revision that includes more comprehensive cpu recognition data. Trouble is, the board manufacturers move on to newer models and after not much time it seems they no longer are writing new bioses for their older products.

Left in the dust, I am. ME--> :confused: :burn: <--EVGA
I might just give this board to my bro. :bday:
And I have been eying the ASUS M4N82 Deluxe. :D (It has NCC) and NCC is ACC, but for Nvidia chipsets. I might be able to unlock those other two cores :)
And thanks for the help. Also: $170 is wwwaaayyyy to much for an ASUS mobo, anyone know of a good price/performance AMD chipset based mobo? I don't need more than one PCI-E x16 slot.

Did you know that the new 710 SB chipset will also unlock disabled cores, at least when paired with bioses that have ACC? Here's an Asus with that SB:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131376

It's compatible with your cpu as well, at least in dual core mode but I don't know if the bios has ACC.

This one from ASRock does have the ACC bios feature and should support your CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157154

Biostar also puts out boards with the 710 SB.

These 710 SB boards are a lot less expensive than what you are looking at in the M4N82 Deluxe. Of course you would be leaving the Nvidia chipset, if that's important to you.

Last edited:
I'll just stick with this for now......Even though this board wont read the cpu as Phenom II it still works great. But the Blizzard Beta Opt-In pc scanner keeps crashing (reports the cpu as unkown). O'well, I'll just wait for the game when it come out,"and not pout when the beta does". :temper:

Also, board does work well and suits my needs for gaming (Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2 , GTA IV, and Supreme Commander. And as for my fancy for Nvidia boards... well I don't really know why :shrug: , but my next build will be AMD/ATI based (cpu, mobo, graphics) :attn:

Holy Crap!!!!

lol..... Just for the heck of it (after around 30+ previous attempts) I re-downloaded the "Battle.net System Check program" and it worked on my first try :-/

-here are the results- :clap:

This is a good sign. I have a buddy with a 730a; I'll have to look into this further for him sometime. The only upgrades he could reasonably afford that would potentially work right now are first-gen Phenoms. Not too excited about that prospect...

IMO, EVGA really half-arsed this particular motherboard's support. They sold a decent number of them, but just kinda never bothered to update the BIOS for true AM3 CPU support. Their CPU support still only lists the 920 and 940 as the only Phenom IIs that will work. And this chipset will easily support ALL AM3 CPUs. The manufacturer just needs to get off their duff and write some BIOS code.

That experience always left a bad taste in my mouth about EVGA...

Back