• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 in Australia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JSensei

G'day,

I'm planning my first HTPC and I'm considering the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250. I've emailed them a few questions, but so far, no response. Maybe someone out there can help?

1 - What limitations will the WinTV-HVR-2250 have if used to view Australia's free-to-air Freeview digital TV signals? Any limitations with Australia's free-to-air analog signals?

2 - I have several VHS tapes of homemade videos that I want to convert to digital. The final digital video quality would be same as the original VHS tapes when viewed on a TV. I have a JVC VCR, model HR-J797AM. Am I able to use this VCR and the WinTV-HVR-2250 to achieve this goal?

3 - If the WinTV-HVR-2250 is not the right model for this project, would anyone be able to recommend another model?

This HTPC will mainly be a HD set-top box, a DVR, a DVD burner, and a DVD player. I will also try to play audio files, plus photos through it. I may also try to set up a webcam for the grandparents to see our kids, plus eventually a few games for the kids to play.

My current TV is a Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-XJ29M31. Any ideas on how to connect the HTPC to this TV?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Back