• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unstable System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TF9195

Registered
Hi guys. I have been working on my first build. And it seems pretty nice except for the fact that it seems to be unstable. Even though it is not overclocked yet. Any suggestions or ideas? Any help would be very much appreciated as I have spent a lot of money on this setup and would like it to work well since it is a fairly top notch setup which should be having no issues whatsoever.

My system is as follows:
ASUS M3N72-D motherboard
AMD Phenom II 940
4GB of OCZ SLI-Ready PC2-6400 2X2GB
XION 1000W Power Supply
XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB of GDDR3 at 900 MHz
Antec 900 Case
Vista Home Basic 64-bit w/ SP1

No fancy stuff yet. All hardware at factory settings.

I have tried Memtest. But the machine randomly shuts reboots after a few seconds. I don't understand why. My memory is compatible with my system and is at specified factory settings. It runs fine under Prime95. But I haven't used memtest on any other system so I don't know what to do with the settings. It is unstable by some random reboots and poor performance on occasion.

:welcome: to the forums.

You posted this same thread in two forums. Please do not do that again as its frowned upon.
Only post in one forum section at a time..

Edited due to misreading the stats page..

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums.

You posted this same thread in two forums. Please do not do that again as its frowned upon.
Only post in one forum section at a time..

Edited due to misreading the stats page..
Oh sorry. I'm new as you can see. I just wasn't sure which forum this issue fit into. So, sorry about that. Wont happen again.

Back