• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Samzik

what programs u would use to test system stability?

I was thinking of sandras burn in and q3 test and i personaly have problems with winamp plugins and i think i should use 3d mark to test comp if i wana buy. But how can i be shure thers np with everyday use ?

I use 3DMark2001's loop. I found that what I thought was stable wouldn't hold in 3DMark2001's loop for even 1 round... but would go on forever in Sandra 2002's burn-in wizard.

See, using Sandra 2002's burn-in wizard, I don't think it was testing the everyday use. In 3DMark2001's loop.. it put it through basically an all system test (CPU/Ram/Vid Card) from what I can tell.

To make it short, i'd go with 3DMark2001 set to loop. Helped me find a rock solid speed for mine.

Hope this helps! :)

-Edit- The typo monster strikes again! :beer:

try prime 95, it throws some big-*** calculations at ur compuiter and then checks the results to its database, this way if ur o/c'ed too high and ur cpu is making errors, it will tell u. if u can run p95 for more than 6 hrs with no errors, ur processor is just fine.
and memtest86 is a great memory testing proggie that will make a bootable disk and tell u if u have any memory problems, its a great test that helped me out alot. hope this helps
-Malakai

Back