• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this as good as normal distilled water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ohh the Feser water. No in a practical sense. It might be 3% purer. Who knows. It's not needed unless you want to help pay for the marketing wiz who came up with the fancy name for distilled water.

Lots of us got a giggle when we saw that.
If your in the UK, just use deionized water. And pay no attention to some junk you read about corrosive. Lots of UK watercoolers use it for years, it's as good as distilled.

the link say `file not found`

is it fesser ultra pure snake oil then? (more of a quiz with a bust link :))

I used some once... got about half a bottle left. Use it to clean my LCD screens :soda:

good for cleaning screens and plastics (waters very hard round here)
beats screen wipes that dry up after youve used three :rolleyes:

so it has a use :D

thought so.

yeh its good for cleaning screens and plastics anyhow #Laughs#

I used car battery top up last time... cheap and available.

bobby - i mean for a water cooling loop not cleaning things!! if its non conductive which it is and it says its "bi-distilled" is it good enough for a water cooling loop -

guess my naff humours under your radar?

well its wet, gets about your system and has no ill effects in the right application.

fine if you feel up to paying over the odds for water with most the impurities and hardness removed.

didnt Conumdrum already sum this? `we had a giggle`:D

if you plan on using just said juice and nothing else you may experience a certain lightness in your wallet #Laughs#

but nothing measurable in performance.

LOL, it's as non conductive as distilled water. Quit paying attention to the marketer who is college trained to write stuff to get you to buy the stuff he is writing for.

Listen. It's overpriced and a silly thing that Feser is selling. Feser isn't known as the best WC company either, some good watercooling vendors refuse to sell their products.

I could take the time to find Petras video (on Youtube) on a demo of distilled vs special non conductive poured on a mobo. Guess which Mobo lasted longer before the BSOD happened? Distilled.

Betcha $20 if you were to buy both and test for conductivity with an expensive probe and meter the difference would be so small or even better for distilled. I have seen posts where tests like this were made, showing the meter, probes etc right there in the liquid. Believe us on this.

which monitor screen lasted the longest? :D

(I would like to add im drinking Rackier <--- bulgarian crazy tree juice 75% proof. good night vienna. just incase my replies degrade)

Last edited:
this feser stuff is distilled isnt it? it says "bi"distilled? that doesnt mean half distilled or anything?
ive been told to stay away from de-ionised water - they said stick to distilled water

Bottled water, if said on the label, distilled water is distilled water. The have to say it's distilled by the law in the US. I buy mine in gallon plastic bottles at Walgreens, a chain store with a pharmacy etc. It's a whole $1.

Bottled water, the kind you buy to drink with fancy names could have minerals and salt added for flavor. Distilled water is pretty boring tasting.

Don't stay away from de-ionized water. I have seen many posts of UK guys using it for years with NO ill effect. Pay no attention to the people who don't use it for the last 5 years in many many rigs. Pay attention to the people who are experts in the WC world. Pretty much meaning me as no expert, I just pass on what I read, and I do it a lot.

I suggest you find a few UK watercooling forums and ask them.
http://www.over-clock.com/ivb/inde [...] opic=20277 A GREAT Europe site

distilled water uses a distilling process (strangely)

deionised is made through reverse osmosis and ion/casion exchange units.

similar grade H2O the latter being nearer 20megohms lab grade (which you dont need for WC`ing)

its all water with less bacteria and more importantly magnesium and calcium salts removed.

bottled water would be erm tap water in my description :shrug:

I suggest you find a few UK watercooling forums and ask them.

theres un-experienced uk water coolers right here, :p
#Laughs#

my UK instructioins would be...

Go to halfords and buy a freakin great big 5litre top up for car batteries.

problem solved.

this feser stuff is distilled isnt it? it says "bi"distilled? that doesnt mean half distilled or anything?
ive been told to stay away from de-ionised water - they said stick to distilled water

bi meaning twice, not half. so they takes some water, distilled it, then take the distilled water and distilled it again.

it's all marketing hype.

de-ionized water is the same as distilled, accept it has biological stuff still inside. distilled and deionized both remove the ions from the liquid (what makes it non-conductive) but when you put it in your loop, it takes ions from the metal parts in your loop. which then makes it conductive again.

distilled if you can but di-ionized will work in a pinch.

Yea, I thinks it be times to go to walmart or walgreens and get the jugs of distilled water and then to petras's for some PT nuke. I just ordered more of the feser fluid and it cost me $28! In 6 months, Im going to distilled water.....

right then feser bi-distilled it is then...i dont care how much it costs...its distilled, non conductive good to go

Back