• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boulard83 RIG ( lots of pics )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Hello guyz ! im now talking/trying to help with you for quite long time now.

This site is where i first learned how to OC and WC ! Thats why im now online and trying to help other new OCers/WCers.

There is the BOULARD83 RIG ! from Quebec/Canada
wholething.jpg

Side view closed
wc_04.jpg

Side view Opened
NOTE : the 2 stock hole in the RC690 were to tight for the tubing ...
wx_03.jpg

WC parts
wc_02.jpg

Inside the thing ! ( dont complain about CBL management ! )
Inside_01.jpg

Only the block + my NB cooling ;)
Block_01.jpg

TheThing surfing OCforum :D
full_02.jpg

Yesterday HOT summer day 1hrs PRIME
1hrs_3.8_hotsummerday.JPG

Rig spec :
P5Q fsb @ 450mhz
Q9550 @ 3.825ghz WCed with a Swiftech Apogee GT
4gb (2x2gb) DDR2 800 Gskill Pi-Black @ 900mhz 4-4-4-12
BFG GTX285 OC2 ( 694mhz core )
PC P&C 750 silencer ( FULL load 425watts at AC plug )
CM RC690 + 2 fan controller + 10 fans total + MCP655

Dont think its going to work ... salt water dont prevent Algea and can result in lots of salt deposit in the block.

Lots told that Distilled + PTnuke is the best ! and im telling this too ;)
My last pics was during a 30C day and temps remain very nice !

Possibly, im not gaming these day ... so this beast sit and sleep ... but its in my mind. Just need time to doit + ordering parts.

My last add was to shroud the 2 fans. i used 2 old 120mm fans and removed the fan ( inside, cut the 4 or 3 attach ... Here you go you have a 2 perfect fit shroud !!!

Both are good. Ill do a water change soon, drain and refill since im running for 6 months now and no algea. everything is crystall clear ! so i can tell PT is nice ... !

THX.

This was my first ever WC and i was just scared of ruining my system with it so i decided to mount it outside. The only thing that can spill water on my rig is the CPU block. Maybe my next one gonna be into a FULL ATX and ill put everything inside the case.

very nice, love the chair! and like the external mount as well, for the same reasons. though mine is right above my computer so i guess that point is moot. man i love using that word!

Back