• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quieting case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Whats the best sound dampening stuff to use in a case thats not too expensive?? Or what are people using????

It all depends on your case.

The first question is how are you mounting your hdds?

Sound dampening doesn't work. That stuff makes something already quiet little bit more quieter.

Undervolt fans to something like 5v or 7v. Quiet cpu heatsink. A case with a front door.

Its my 2 fans I've mounted on the cover of the case. the 100mm intake fan is noticeably louder than I want, the 80mm on the other side of the case is not that bad...

Attachments

• SANY0171.jpg
    SANY0171.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 191
Ah if its fans then you'll want a fan controller, or download speedfan if your running the fans off a mobo header.

lol i've recently decreased my noise by a lot...but taking out half my fans.
i barely need/use them anyway. now they're just sitting in the corner of my bookshelf.

you wanna make sure your fans don't create noise over a fan grill or mesh or w/e...i have a friend with this problem - his case has this crappy grill that cuts the air and makes this wining noise.

OT: ey zbo, how come your'e running your Reaper X with such loose timings?! :eek:
i run mine on 4-4-3-15 2.1v and it works perfectly fine :thup:

Here is a guide on how to undervolt your fans. If you do this and your PSU has any cables labeled "fan only", you cannot use that cable.

I take no responsibility for this article or any damage you might cause to your system if not done properly.

Undervolt PC Case Fan Wire Mod

Back