• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver Errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afcbob

Registered
I reinstalled windows xp pro on a IBM Think pad T41 but even after get the drivers from here i still get errors on the

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Modem
Unknown device
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I reinstalled windows xp pro on a IBM Think pad T41 but even after get the drivers from here i still get errors on the

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Modem
Unknown device
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

To see what hardware you have, go to http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T41

To download the files from Lenovo/IBM, go to http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-46258.html

Alternatively you can go to the chipmaker's site, e.g. for the network controller, Intel.

Right got them all sorted apart from PCI modem

plus when every i resart my laptop a folder opens up after resart c:\Porgrams Files\ATI

Also it wont pick up my modem wireless but can pick up others

Also it wont pick up my modem wireless but can pick up others

What do you mean by this?

I'd try uninstalling the ATI drivers, and reinstalling them. It sounds like something got messed up in the install process.

I stay in a flat and it will pick up other wireless connection but not may own wireless modem.

Also i still have a PCI Modem error

By modem you mean router? If so, your router may not be broadcasting it's SSID. Have you tried typing in your network name manually?

For your 56k modem, could it be dead? Did you use it before you reinstalled? You could look for generic chipset drivers from the manufacturer.

I can pick up my router with other wirelass laptops its just this one

I can pick up my router with other wirelass laptops its just this one

That doesn't make sense; wireless is wireless. If you can pick up other routers, you should be able to pick up yours. Could you be stuck on wireless B, while your router's broadcasting in A only? I don't know if a B adapter would see an A router or not, but it could be invisible to it.

how do i check that

I'm not sure tbh. You can check the router by looking in it's setup menu. The laptop adapter, I don't know. Maybe poke around in the wireless utilities for the adapter and see what it says in there.

Back