• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD installation help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catman224

Registered
Hi I have a 2.5" SSD and was wondering how to get it to fit in my antec 1200 without getting an adaptor

Or you could duct tape them pretty much anywhere you want in your case. My SSD's give off practicably zero heat. I have 2 taped to the side of my case.

i mounted my ssd under the motherboard. there was enough clearence to fit it with out it touching the motherboard atal.

i have the end just poking out so i can plug in the connectors

yeah it really doesn't matter where you put it, the things don't get hot and they are shock resistant so anywhere will work.

Ill set it in bottom then hopefully all my parts get here on Friday ups lies 3 days it's been 3 lol

Even with an adapter...no place to put it, but this works.

002ijq.jpg

I mounted my X25M's in a free 5.25" bay (my Lian-Li PC-V1010 actually has an "Internal/Hidden" 5.25" bay that was PERFECT!). The mounting holes line up exactly with a 5.25" bay, but you only get to mount the drive from one side (the other side is technically unsupported, but I'm not worried in the least as it is solid). I was able to fit both X25M's in the single 5.25" bay - even has space between the drives for airflow - and all I needed was 4x screws (no brackets or mods).

I purchased the Scythe 3.5" SSD Bracket, but didn't use it once I discovered the SSD's mount fine in a 5.25" bay...

:cool:

if I were to get a SSD I would get 1/2" standoffs(like mobo ones - not sure if those fit) and put them on the SSD...easy

Back