• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win7 raid-0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electric_Arc

Registered
I am currently trying to setup a raid-0 config in windows 7. But when it comes time to load the drivers, i'm told that my drivers aren't supported and I cannot proceed.

2 SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA II w/ 16MB Cache
Asus M3A32-MVP delux

You need to create a driver disk either on a floppy or get the drivers on a flash drive (flash is much easier). Get the drivers from the Asus website, copy the folder out to the flash drive and point it to said drive when it asks for the drivers.

You don't need to load drivers. Setup RAID in the BIOS and WIN 7 will load their own. I have not had to load one set of drivers with any RAID setup using Intel or J Micron with WIN 7.

I made a usb drivers disk, but win7 says that it's unsupported and unless I can get supported drivers (or find a way around them) i can't install. It can't locate any HDD

Check the Asus website for RAID drivers for your M3A32-MVP. With a quick glance, I didn't see any W7 drivers, but the Vista drivers *should* work enugh to get you going...

:cool:

Back