• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NAS Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, so I am inviting OCF to try and help me figure out what's going on, whilst I slam my head against a wall. Here is the situation:

I have a USB drive connected to an Apple Time Capsule. The Time Capsule is setup to run on 802.11n ONLY (5GHz range), so interference is pretty much ruled out. When accessing the drive, it is dreadfully slow. (See Run2). In order to ensure it was not the drive, I took it out and connected it directly to my laptop (See Run1), and got normal, and acceptable, access speeds. If I connect the drive to the Time Capsule and access it by the 1GB ethernet, it's better, but still exceedingly slow for what it should be.

I would think "oh, it's just the wireless", but when I connected the drive to another laptop that was connected by wireless, and I was accessing it by a wire, it got almost the same speeds as if I were accessing it directly by ethernet from the Time Capsule.

So, OCF....any thoughts?

(Apologies for the large image, as it's kind of important)

20091008-m8qks28g9bnc5htskaw55p6b3c.png

Back