• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winter cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

well, thank goodness summer is finally over, the the cold has finally come, 12C ambient temperature in my room with my computer running 24/7 really drops the temperatures down nicely on my overclock.
got my e8400@4590mhz, 1.44vcore in cpuz, idle temperatures of 30C, and OCCT Linpack load temps of 68C.
what is everyone else's winter temperatures like?

yea winter is nice ...now i can run my air duct out the window where its freesing all the time..be pulling in some nice 20c air lol

pre winter..
82927237.jpg

My Case is right next to a window so I only need to open it a small amount to get benefit. The cold air gets sucked right in. And since I still use two large CRTs my room never gets unbearably cold except on the coldest Minnesota days. - then I close the window....
with nights dropping below freezing allready I have been getting temps to hold in the low 20's at load and in the teens at idle..

Back