• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Pump - Strictly Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flurp

Alright now I know there will be plenty of views and opinions but I'm really curious...

What do you feel are the best pumps in the following categories:

Performance - Head Pressure - Restrictive Loop
--
Performance - Flow Rate - High Flow Loop
--
Quiet - Head Pressure - Restrictive Loop
--
Quiet Flow Rate - High Flow Loop
--

So I'd like to know what all of you think? Also why you feel this way ;)

Iwaki: Has almost 30 feet of head pressure...noisy and expensive. Requires converter for 24v-12v or dedicated 24 v PSU

655 or D5: About 320 GPH for about 80.00

355: I believe some are ~20 feet of pressure

655 or D5: Ditto from above

These are my opinions.

I dunno, I just buy a pump thats best for my loop by reading reviews and tons of member inputs. I learned lots by reading and participating.

Lets say for just for any reason what are you planning to put the pump in? Set your parameters, read a bit and you'll figure it out with some input. Lots of test and multitudes of member input here, Martins, Skinnees, Xtreme Systems.

There is only 3-5 pumps worth buying. And some triple pump, double pump tops. Thats pretty much your choice.

Iwaki RD-30 is the most powerful. No matter if high flow, low pressure, whatever.

Best for a normal PC? DDC3.25 with a restop.

I think pretty much all your computer cooling can be done with the DDC or the D5 with a well planned loop. You may need more than 1 pump but i wouldn't get some crazy pump because you are not benefiting from flow. An extra rad does much more than a more powerful pump.

Quiet - Head Pressure - Restrictive Loop
Two DDC3.1/mcp350s w/ XSPC tops in series. For maximum performance, I wouldn't buy any current double or triple top because they all have elbows close to the impeller chamber.

Quiet Flow Rate - High Flow Loop
For a dead silent system with a nonrestrictive loop, I second the Ehiem 1048. However,"high flow" would be an exaggeration with this pump.

Back