• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best setup for CPU/GPU custom loop and 3 rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxNAPxx

Hello everyone
I have a custom loop of CPU and GPU cooled by 3 rads:

1x120mm on the rear
1x280mm on the top
1x240mm on thr front

I was looking for the best way to set up my custom loop to achieve the best performance possible for both CPU and GPU
As far as I know by reading some articles, best would be
Reservoir -> pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Rads -> Reservoir

Or

Reservoir -> pump -> biggest rad -> GPU -> smallest rad -> CPU -> last rad -> reservoir

What would be the best way?

Also what is the best way to mount the fans onto the rads?

For example now I have

120mm rad on the rear with fan pushing/exhaust
280mm rad on the top with fans pushing/exhaust
240mm rad on the front with pushing/intake

Would you suggest a different configuration?

New reservoir advice

Hello everyone

I was looking for advice on buying a new water tank for my system, at the moment let's say that I have always fallen back on a solution that is a little inconvenient even if it does its job, but I wanted to honestly change it

IWyYJA.jpg

as you can see this reservoir that I have now has been folded from an old project (among other things it was very difficult to find) and reused in this current one I own, but it is not very functional, apart from that it is difficult to fill , I have to disassemble it every time, unscrew the upper bulkhead and insert the liquid, plus it's not the top to see

as I get a new case and a new project I intend to take a reservoir that is both more aesthetically appealing than more functional, what would you recommend?

MuQIq5E.jpg

as you can see the tray is positioned in the same point, but I do not know how to mount it to what I would need to put it there and the dimensions, I would like one of those that have the DNA shape helix to be clear

We've been talking about this loop in other threads already too. One is fine. :)

So long as the res is before the pump, loop order doesn't matter. The difference between any point in the loop shouldn't vary by more than 1-2C with a properly sized and flowing loop.

As far as mounting the res, typically they come with mounting...its just figuring out where to mount it.

Take a look at the sticky threads...they answer a lot of these questions. :)

We've been talking about this loop in other threads already too. One is fine. :)

So long as the res is before the pump, loop order doesn't matter. The difference between any point in the loop shouldn't vary by more than 1-2C with a properly sized and flowing loop.

As far as mounting the res, typically they come with mounting...its just figuring out where to mount it.

Take a look at the sticky threads...they answer a lot of these questions. :)
Thank you I will have a look, any water tank recommendations?

I have maximum 130mm space and I'm gonna use one of those ssd screw holes

IWGhj9.jpg

What support could I use for one of those holes? Is it it one enough?

Again, most res come with mounting brackets. Check the one you like and see what it comes with. ;)

Typically it's just a screw and a nut mounted to holes on the chassis. Take a look at the brackets with your res of choice to see what I'm talking about. ;)

2 way tape can work though overtime can come loose. Take a look at the EK pump res combos. They make different mounts that line up with the screw holes for 120 or 140 fans. Like these, they come in different tube lengths and you can choose between DDC andD5 pump variants. Theres plenty of different options out there if these don't fit your taste or budget.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-kinetic-tbe-120-ddc-pwm-d-rgb-acetal

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-uni-pump-bracket-120mm-fan-vertical

Back