• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm new to overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ellisbodds

Registered
Hi, I am new to this website and also new to overclocking. I would like to overclock my processor so I can play Need for Speed Shift better (I have a friend with a faster CPU and a worse graphics card that can play the game better). I have received some information from somebody who has the same CPU as me but I can't make head nor tail of it :( I was hoping there would be some kind people on this forum who would be able to help me. All I know is that the multiplier X the FSB = the clock speed but I don't really know where voltage comes into it or if I would need to overclock my RAM in order to overclock the processor. Here is the info, this person had it overclocked to 3.2GHz with a Scythe Infinity CPU cooler and I also don't know if that is worse or better than mine. Can anybody help me out here? :confused:
I'm pretty confused and sorry for being such a noob when it comes to overclocking (also sorry for long post). Here's the info I was given:

CPU Vcore = 1.4625 / CPU frequency = 400 / DRAM frequency = 400 (1:1 sync) / PCI express frequency = 101 / PCI sync mode 33.33MHz / spread spectrum DISABLED / memory v 2.1V @ 4-4-4-12 / FSB v1.4V / NB v 1.4V / SBV 1.5V / ICH v 1.057 or auto (maybe 1.25V they had forgotten) / multiplier 8x / modify radio support DIS / C1E support DIS / max CPU value limit DIS / VanderPool EN or DI (same thing) / CPU TM EN / PECI i SpeedStep EN.

My Specs:
Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz + Freezer 7 Pro
4GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz
GeForce 8800GT 512MB (Gainward)
MSI P31 MS-7392
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Thanks - I hadn't seen that sticky - it was very useful. I have managed to overclock to 2.66GHz and at the moment that's fine for everything I want to do. I do have one very specific problem which I'll post in a new thread.

Back