• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't worry guys, MW2 has mouse support!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp4zZ

Incase some of you missed best buy's live chat with the Infinity Ward devs, here's some of the questions and answers from the session:

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?
Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

LaGgY_42o: What kinds of pings did you get during your IWNet testing and what do you say is an acceptable ping?
Mackey-IW: I've been playing mainly with around 100ms ping and it was great.

Laugh: Is there a console in the PC version of the game, so we can change our field of view from the xbox's default 65 FOV to 80 also can we tweaks the weapon damage for each gun, removes perks, graphical debris, breathing sway, also thru console like we where able to before or is this all gone?
Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

TheNinthAxis: Is there lean in PC multiplayer.
Vince-IW: No.

TRU-Jennifer: What are the current steps being taken in regard to active blocking measures that some major ISPs have taken regarding Peer 2 Peer connections, such as what Comcast does?
Mackey-IW: Only players capable of hosting will be host.

you can see the full transcript of the chat here:
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=148690&p=2720374#p2720374

oh yea and I forgot, max 9 vs 9!

GeneralClean
With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Mackey-IW
The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?
Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Oh wow IW you guys simply ROCK!

Idiots.

These ones made me lol.

Axen: Please explain how a 9v9 match is a multiplayer experience? I'd have more fun serving lunch at a local nursing home.
Vince-IW: Sounds like are a very compassionate and giving person. I hope the people at the nursing home appreciate you.

Reeses: Are you at all surprised in the number of people that pirated MW2 on the Xbox360? Will they all be banned?
Mackey-IW: The pirates will walk the plank.

I wonder what their going to when not that many people play mw2 on pc? blame piracy?

This really means "YES, but we threw in this stuff in an attempt to lure people to the PC version anyway"

HALO and GTA 3/Vice City games had the same thing. And were buggy and ran like crap.

Vince-IW: We would like you to play the game the way we designed and balanced it.

And I, Vince, would like to direct you to jump infront of a Bus for Mainstreaming MW into a steaming pile of mainstream.

i think this game has just dropped to the rank of P.O.S.
even more people are going to pirate this game now...seeing as multiplayer is a joke...the whole reason of buying a game is to obtain an official serial, to play on official servers.
now that there's no point playing on official servers, there's no point in buying the game.
hell no am i buying this game...i'd rather just lease it from the Video store and finish the campaign overnight, then return it.

Wow, that's terrible. As a part of the community who helped put IW on the map (I pre-ordered the first COD game, their first release), it's quite a slap in the face to hear these things from them.

Surely the FOV won't be locked at 65, unless they "designed and balanced" the game to look terrible and to make people puke.

Also, I saw this on the Battlefield Bad Company 2 blog: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...d_5F00_bad_5F00_company/Check_5F00_Blog01.jpg

lol, I love it! :D

Last edited:
Laughable.

I do have to say - they need some new PR folks at the very least.

Wow, that's terrible. As a part of the community who helped put IW on the map (I pre-ordered the first COD game, their first release), it's quite a slap in the face to hear these things from them.

Surely the FOV won't be locked at 65, unless they "designed and balanced" the game to look terrible and to make people puke.

Also, I saw this on the Battlefield Bad Company 2 blog: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...d_5F00_bad_5F00_company/Check_5F00_Blog01.jpg

lol, I love it! :D
lol! that serves them right.
i mean seriously, all IW had to do was replace the campaign in COD4 and they'd be set...none of this multiplayer bajojo needed changing.
maybe we should all start sending our COD6 game money to other companies.

I would not be mad at iw...... last I checked activision has rights to the game? And if that s true activision could stop whats going on right now.

well why dont we tell the whole world that brunel is going to download an illegal copy of this game shall we?

oh wait hes basicly telling us this him self!

ANY WAY.
if i did such a thing any more it wouldnt even be worth stealing.

and besides, i just got a free legit product key for Dirt 2 on PC, and i didnt buy a videocard, only draw back is i have to wait till december 11th....i guess the game comes out then?

i'll be busy with it, if its improved from the demo version

This is shocking to me. It was one thing to make some changes to help "try to balance the game," (their words not mine) but damn... it doesn't get anymore console PORT than this. IW, you have destroyed my hope for PC gaming. What once was a beacon of hope, and a example to all of the "never forget where you came from" mindset has just become that creepy guy down the block who slept with the neighbors' wives...all of them. Thanks for the knife in the back, but couln't you at least have washed off the icing from your XBox cake first?

When the biggest differences you can bost of is mouse support...there are some problems. I have no problem with 9v9 matches, but it should support bigger matches, sometimes its fine to hop into a 15v15 or or 20v20 kill fest. This QA session pretty much confirms every single one of my fears about MW2. Too bad reallly up until the dedicated server announcement I was looking forward to MW2.

Please don't pirate the game. pirating games on the pc just gives developers more ammunition to use against the PC platform with their "everyone would just pirate it" arguments.

Back