• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The next gen, what could it entail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Um, you can install Xbox 360 games to the hard drive. Of course, they are still going to require the disc even if you install the game, just like a lot of PC games unless no-cd cracks are used. You think they'd let people just install disc-based games and not need the disc? Remember, piracy is one of the big reasons the Dreamcast died. I believe that lesson has been learned.
You can also use your own hard drive with a little technical know-how and research instead of purchasing MS' overpriced drive. It's not as easy as doing it in a PS3 or PC but it is not beyond the capabilities of anyone here with some very basic technical skills and despite what some fear mongers might say you won't get banned from XBL for doing so. As for the RROD, yeah the 360 is one of the worst consoles ever from a quality standpoint but in their defense MS backed up that issue with a long warranty, they send you the shipping box postage pre-paid, and they send you a 30 day XBL Gold card to cover for the month you're without the console. Yet people still complain about MS ripping them off. :shrug:

I know you can install them my post basicly points to that reread it.

I'm not here to talk about next gen piracy. Dreamcast secruity was terrible. As for installing I'm talking I guess I'll be more straight forward for you I want a Steam type of console. If I buy a physical copy of a game I want a cd key that I can enter and DL my game or install from disk. You can install a game and not require it to be in the system and still have a secure system that keeps piracy away. We can sit and debate all day on it plenty of data that shows DRM games(not saying thats what i want on consoles) end up making plenty of money and everyone was happy, and plenty of data to back up everyone's arguement about piracy. Piracy happens no matter what you do lol require a disk or not lol :D

As for xbox hard drives and all that garbage, you can put perfume on a pig it's still a pig. I should not have to do "workarounds" for something as simple as a HD. That does not sell me.

Anyway no matter what system in my previous post those are the things that will sell me. Reguardless of whatever debate or excuse anyone from any "camp" wants to make.

So if the PS4 goes the route of the ps3 or even better, Sony might just sell me on a day one purchase. If they go the opposite direction I'll save my cash and stick to handing it to steam or one of the other two that grow a pair. :attn:

BTW I think you can't purely blame pirating purely for the dreamcast death lol I mean come on good percentage of the games were not all that great. Good majority felt more nitch appeal, it was behind hardware wise compared to the other consoles. It had multiple problems not just piracy. Yes, I was a dreamcast junkie pso v.2 till the servers finally went down, I owned every single american release original and good percentage of imports almost a complete collection, hello kitty dreamcast, resident evil dreamcast, I had one brand new in the box and one i used myself. 10 controllers 6 still in the box, 15 vmu's, list goes on forever. Only reason I sold my collection is because family kids etc lol no room for that stuff these days.

Last edited:
Back