• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Petra's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

What is all the hubbub that Petra's is so great. I guess they would be if they weren't always out of stock of 40% of their inventory. You would think that a business would try to keep the inventory levels up. I wanted to buy some high speed Yates last night...nope not there. Ended up going to JT. I wanted PT because they are better quality YL. I have gone there numerous times looking for items and most of the items I'm looking for are always out of stock.

Actually, its been shown that buying high speed yates from JT are the same ones w/ the larger motors just like PTS. Its the lower speed yates from JT (which they may have changed by now, I heard they did??) that were using the smaller motors but it really didnt affect performance (my Low's from JT have been running a year strong with no issues or noises).

What is all the hubbub that Petra's is so great. I guess they would be if they weren't always out of stock of 40% of their inventory. You would think that a business would try to keep the inventory levels up. I wanted to buy some high speed Yates last night...nope not there. Ended up going to JT. I wanted PT because they are better quality YL. I have gone there numerous times looking for items and most of the items I'm looking for are always out of stock.

They've always been very helpful and honest, and sell things you can't find anywhere. Sure they can try and keep stock up, or they can remove the items from the page so you don't complain about it, but the general idea is petra's is good, and one post won't change that.

Stocking can suck, but the service is top notch and the wait is worth it most times, and this is coming from an impatient *******.

Well..you do get the free pen with Petra's orders and a hand written note. :rolleyes:

I have purchased from them all, including Crazy PC's and have gotten top notch service from everyone. Performance PC's is my first choice as long as I don't need to complain. He can be a little gruff, but they ship the product quickly and they are the closest to me.

The point being, if you get good service from two companies and one has everything you need and one doesn't, who will you choose?

A few reasons for you from a personal standpoint:
1. They've never screwed up one of my orders, and they've never given me a reason to complain.
2. Highly personalized service with extremely good communication. Probably the reason for point 1.
3. Quick shipping, and never use UPS for shipping to Canada.
4. I've NEVER been dinged for brokerage charges at the door. Probably due to point 3.

They are quite frequently out of stock on certain items, but it's not really an issues is it? If I need something that Petra's doesn't have, whether it's because they're out of stock or because they just don't carry it, of course I go somewhere else. No brainer. Not sure I've heard any hubbub either. I just heard they had good service and shipped fast to Canada.
Invariably I go to Petra's first though, because the service and piece of mind are of the utmost importance to me.

I never got personalized service from Performance PC's and they're 2 for 3 in getting my orders right.
Jabtech was good all around. Like them.

Last edited:
Well..you do get the free pen with Petra's orders and a hand written note. :rolleyes:

I have purchased from them all, including Crazy PC's and have gotten top notch service from everyone. Performance PC's is my first choice as long as I don't need to complain. He can be a little gruff, but they ship the product quickly and they are the closest to me.

The point being, if you get good service from two companies and one has everything you need and one doesn't, who will you choose?

I usually don't ask anything of them, but when I ordered my Apogee GTZ SE, I asked for a 775 bracket for free since I didn't need it for 1366, they obliged, with no real issue. I recall it being smooth, perhaps a bit of hesitation but they did it without making me beg.

Back