• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nort Ghost 10.0 Incremental Backups, New Drive how to fix this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I use Ghost 10.0 to back up the OS of my C partition onto an external drive. I initially set up an incremental backup on a small external drive. The partition at that time was 20Gigs...A year or two later I increased the size of the C partition to 40gigs.

The hard drive has only 2 partitions.

The FIRST question is more important to me right now.

First question: I was about to make a new incremental backup of the C partition on a DIFFERENT, larger external hard drive (the original one is too small). BUT Ghost won't allow that because I have previously designated another drive for incremental backups. I can only make INDEPENDENT recovery points now.

How do "fix" this, so I can make a new, incremental backup recovery point of the C partition on the larger external drive???

Second question: If I ever restored or had to restore my OS partition with the very first install where the C partition is actually smaller than what is currently set on my drive, what happens to the other space currently in the 40gig C partition?

Thanks in advance.

I figured it out..I will post the answers shortly, after the backups are made.

Back