• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did i install my fan on my HSF correctly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

When you put your Fan on your HS, is the sticker supposed to be sticking up or down? I am not sure if i set my old one to exhaust cause that may have been what was causing my higher than normal temps. http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/theinsaneAAA/lst if you go there and click on caseflow.jpg you can see what my fan looked like (rma'd the delta and am getting 92mm shortly.)

I'm pretty sure that when if you are looking at the fan with the sticker facing you, the air would blow in your face, as in the air passes through the fan, and comes out the side with the sticker.

Generally, the default is to have the fan blowing down, into the heatsink.

Some people have reported favorable results with it flipped over, however. You will have to try it and see which gives you better temps.

So essentially what you are saying is that I did have it on reverse and i was supposed to have it sticker side down? When i get my 92mm fan in the mail (obviously gonna use a 60-92mm adapter), i should install it sticker side down right?

I know that most of the fans that i have used have small arrows on the case of the fan somwhere... they show the direction of air flow and fan rotation....

just look for the arrows and mount the way you want it..

not sure about cpu fan's but mine is sticker side up and its blowing air onto the cpu...

diffrent makes may have it reversed...

Alphas are usually sucking air away from the heatsink, and almost all others blow air onto the heatsink.

Back