• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Lanbox Lite+Corsair H50

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caintrain

im interested in building a Lanbox lite gaming rig
with a i5-750 processor
looking at cooling for this processor and case i noticed the corsair h50 liquid cooling which seems like a good option but it needs 120mm fan, is there anyways to fit/mod it ?

or should i just go with a regular air cpu cooler ? and if so does anyone have any good recommendations for this combo?

If I understand what you are saying, you want a system with out a 120mm fan. I don't know of any cpu cooler air or water that use smaller fans and I think that two 120mm fans push pull would work well on a H50. Two 120mm fans weight less than a cup of coffee.

its just that the lanbox only has 60 or 80 mm fans
i wanted to know if anyone have modded it to fit

anyone have any experience with this case? what cpu cooler (air) would be good?

its not that he doesnt want it, the lanbox lite has no 120mm fan holes and im not reallys sure if you be able to mod one one there.

its not that he doesnt want it, the lanbox lite has no 120mm fan holes and im not reallys sure if you be able to mod one one there.

You can't really. I have a TT lanbox lite and if you get the one with the acrylic windows you might be able to tie one to the vents with some zip ties, but no fan holes or anything to screw it on.

If you do go with liquid cooling your best bet is probably go with a free standing radiator if there is such a thing. If you go air cooling, you might have a little trouble, I have a CM Gemini 2 and with the stock fan on it and with my q9550 at the stock clocks the cores hover around the mid 50s, and the Gemini 2 is probably one of the largest heatsinks you could get without hitting the PSU or side of the case. If you're planning on OCing that i5, liquid cooling plus separate radiator might be the better way to go, even if it partly defeats having a lanbox.

I'm new to this lan stuff. I know that lots of folks do it and have fun doing it. Question; why can't some one mod to get 120 in there lan case. We all have looked at lots of mods that do all kinds of things. Some one help me with this one. Is there some thing about these lan cases I don't understand.

You're not going to do it with a Lanbox. Not unless you mount it externally which totally negates the purpose of SFF. I've done it with a Micro Fly, but it required some cutting/shoehorning: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1087192

There's a new case coming out called Da Box made by Lan Gear. It's pricey at about $170, but it will be able to fit water cooling internally without major modding while staying true to SFF, unlike the blasphemous abominations known as the Antec Mini P180 or NZXT Rogue or the like.

Back