• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhP to html?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

Is it possible to convert a php website to html? And if so, how? I found this website template I want to edit, but it is in php, which i have no experience working with.

Thanks

Basically what I have is a wordpress template that I need to be in html format, since the website (my internet provider) I plan to host on does not run scripts like php.

I know there's plugins for wordpress that force it to serve static html pages instead of php. It's called super cache or something like that. (But you'd still need to be able to run php scripts to run that)

Install a webserver on your local machine like WAMP. Then setup WP and use your template. Then take the rendered page and copy the HTML to use on your site.

Or pay the bucks to get a webhost that does PHP. There maybe some free hosts that allow PHP. Or does wordpress.com allow custom themes?

I think you can convert php to html aslong as it isn't using any functions.

Um, no. Not even close.

OP, if I were you I'd just go through the PHP and strip out all the PHP except for echo statements. IIRC wordpress builds pages out of mostly HTML, but does some calls to a db backend to supply the content. It should be pretty easy to get the template, but of course it won't be dynamic.

Or you can do as the others have suggested and download the entire HTML page and delete existing content.

Back