• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting findings for F@H dialup users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
I found this over at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folding2/message/2722 and it was very interesting, to say the least. This guy is using linux, but is having the same basic problems as windows users with dialup. If you've been having problems with sending results into Stanford's servers, this is a "must read". All I can say is that they better iron out these dialup problems pretty soon or there will be an exodus of F@H dialup users to some other DC project.

Personal note update:

It seems like they might be doing something about the problem. I've had a lot less problems sending in WU's yesterday and today. Even the server that was giving me the most problems, server 111, only took 4 tries yesterday afternoon. It had been taking up to 25 tries before. I just monitored an upload to server 115 a little while ago and no problems at all. I got a new work assignment from server 117, which is the second most troublesome server for me so I will see how it will take in this WU. It's a NativeBBA5, so it should fold pretty fast.

My laptop just sent in a WU to server 111, which is one of the 2 most troublesome servers for me and got it sent on the first time!:D I hope they've fixed the problems.

Well, server 111 is back to it's old tricks again by not taking in completed WU's. I've had 2 machines with work to send in to server 111 and 1 of them finally got it sent after 15 tries and the other one I just gave up on after 25 tries and trashed it. Plus, the machine that I trashed the completed the 111 WU on keeps getting new work just from 111, so I've also trashed about 50 work packets and the machine is now not folding a damn thing. I think I might do like AMDownz23 and go G@H or go hunt for E.T. or something. I'm really starting to believe that Vijay and crew don't give a f*** about fixing this problem for the dialup people.

no bugfix yet. break out the RAID (bug spray) out there in CA.

Back