• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my fibre optic freezing up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

Is this cable modem speak for call an engineer fairly soon?

Log extract.

Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync
Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Information (7) Downstream sync failed
Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Information (7) Downstream sync ok
Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Information (7) locked and synced to rescue CMTS...all is well!
Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Thu Dec 17 21:51:42 2009 Information (7) Downstream sync ok

theres some other fun ones about losing the T3 server too :bang head

is all well! :-/

errors like that happen a lot on copper services. Nature of the beast.

If you have Fiber Optic (Probably FiOS?), then get hold of their tech support and have them get an NT on it to see if it is normal activity for your area or if there is something else going on.

I`ll keep an eye on it for a few days until the IP lease is up then see what my lot is.

the IP range changed recent and it screwed the Ambit256 right up so I cleared the log and reset.

the log was full of these new reports (maybe full to the point of operational error) about one every half hour.

didnt get them before thats for sure.

there upgrading this area to 50Mb over the next year so maybe the start of some minor disruptions.

other than the cable modem crashing out a few times recent it seems normal speed.

what IP range did you get?

In the past year, there was a new block of IP addresses released for commercial use and many servers are still not upgraded/patched to allow access to anyone on that new block of IP's. It's possible you are just getting issues based on your new IP address.

well for the first year or so its always been 82. whatever I think and only changed maybe three times.

now its 62. and full of sync loss and T3 server not responding type fun.

I do know its an important exchange based here so it normally gets an early upgrade for the north of the country.

62. seems a lower range than the previous so maybe I got a naff deal after there router firmware didnt take on there servers and the system crashed as millions of machines pinged for new IP`s

no real idea whats what on account of it normally working fine.

ambit256 default page in your browser 192.168.100.001 default user name root password also root.

assuming you have an ambit256 cable modem?

if not you can still look up the relevant info for the model in little to no time.

boring part is all the features are locked.... sure I could find better settings, sure they would notice too #Laughs# think the Ambit256 peaks out round 38Mb :drool:

(an important step to setting up any internet package is to take the installation disk insert it into the nearest bin and proceed to set everything manual style I find)

Last edited:
Back