• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage in cpuz is higher than set in bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

yea i dunno why but in cpuz its showing the voltage to be the same as its set in bios (instead of being a bit lower)
and on a load the voltage actually goes higher than its set in bios :shrug:
i dunno how im meant to get this bad boy stable if the voltage is being all unco n ****
oh btw my bios is the latest (0904)

Well if it were me I think I would be happy that it actually rose a little bit while under load, that will help stability if its correct. That shows your board has stiff voltage regulation. Also my GD-80 actually rises slightly above what voltage I have set in the BIOS with Low VDroop enabled showing that its doing its best to hold what I set it at instead of falling slightly which is what intel spec is. If your not stable then you just need to keep messing with voltages a little more till you find a setting that works, im currently doing the same myself.

yea i dunno why but in cpuz its showing the voltage to be the same as its set in bios (instead of being a bit lower)
and on a load the voltage actually goes higher than its set in bios :shrug:
i dunno how im meant to get this bad boy stable if the voltage is being all unco n ****
oh btw my bios is the latest (0904)

you can use another monitoring program like Everest to check the voltage...if all of them give you a higher number than your MB then you should recheck your bios settings

Something else I should have mentioned in my post was my board is actually a little off on the CPU VTT. Its usually a couple hundreths lower than what I set it at so I have to overshoot it a couple notches to set it at what I want it to be.

Something else I should have mentioned in my post was my board is actually a little off on the CPU VTT. Its usually a couple hundreths lower than what I set it at so I have to overshoot it a couple notches to set it at what I want it to be.

yeah? it says that in the post does it?
ill have a look my self then
its best to keep the vtt and vcore quite close right?

There's an option in my mobo called "Voltage Slope" that allows you to set wether or not the board applies more power under load. At 50% slope, it pretty much cancels out the Vdroop, and at no slope it increases a bit under load.

I'd be happy with it lol

its best to keep the vtt and vcore quite close right?

Honestly im not sure but I do know that MSI's auto settings like to keep them pretty close each other but ive set mine further apart and had no problems so far but then again im not o/c'ing as high as you and im on a p55 i5 platform. If your board has voltage check points to use a DMM with then I would suggest trying them out to see if your board droops on the uncore voltages like mine does and then you can figure out how much you need to compensate if any.

ive got load line calibration on and yea
thats meant to lower the vdroop right?
and ive also remembered something useful
alot of the cheaper mobos have trouble going to 200 or higher
so ive put it to 21x at 190 (which is what my 3.8ghz came from, 190 x 20 = 3800)
and now im at like 3.990ghz and the stress testing is a lot more stable
gonna see how high i cant get it and yea, pretty happy now that its actually running the stressers for a while
rather than like 1 min and then comp crash

Back