• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

battery died, time to redo my bios voltages.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, guys, weirdly enough, the battery on my 10 month old motherboard died on me the other day, so here i am trying to reset all my voltages.
i really dont have a clue what i had most of them set at before, so i set my cpu voltage, and left everything else on auto.
any of these settings sound like i should be turning the volts down a little?

CPU PLL 1.85v
CPU Termination 1.6v
CPU Reference 0.76v
MCH Core 1.4v
MCH/DRAM Reference 0.9v
MCH Reference 0.65v
ICH I/O 1.5v
ICH Core 1.1v

Assuming a FSB of 510MHz as shown in your sig., CPU Termination Voltage (VTT) is way too high at 1.6V, and CPU PLL Voltage is also too high at 1.85V. Lower VTT to between 1.2 and 1.36V, and PLL to 1.5 - 1.58V.

i've never seen 1.85v vcore except for overclocked bartons and older than p4 gen architectures. aside from anything on phase change.

That is way too much PLL and VTT. You don't need nearly that much, and those levels can fry 45nm CPUs.

That is way too much PLL and VTT. You don't need nearly that much, and those levels can fry 45nm CPUs.

The UD3P defaults to those PLL/Vtt voltages when the FSB is 500+, so he is either using "Auto" on PLL/Vtt or he saw what the board sets it at and then set it manually.

I hope it wouldn't fry a 45nm CPU, b/c I have mine set to "Auto" since I'm not sure how to set them and what to base those decisions on. So, my PLL/Vtt has been on 1.85/1.6 for around 6 months now.

yeah, i just had it set at the auto levels, as i couldnt remember what i had them set at before.
i got all those voltages down to what you guys seem to think are more reasonable levels, and am continuing to lower them a little bit at a time with easytune, then doing a quick intel burn test, and prime95 testing, then lowering some more.
pc is keeping my room way too warm these days, even with the window wider open, and the fan blowing cold air in 24/7
dropped the fsb down to 500mhz, and the multi down to 8, and i have a cpu-z vcore of 1.23v, 20 pass intelburntest stable, gonna see how low i can get it.

My NB voltage is good at 1.36v with 8.5x525MHz, so you could probably lower yours from 1.4v

Back