• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i3 and i5? No bus speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These cpus have just been released, give-it a few months and the price will start going down.

Yeah some of those i5 are waaaay high, especially you can get ahold of a 750 with four cores for 200 bucks. It could have to do with there ease of getting to the 5Ghz+ OC mark though :)

Well I can't think that I overpayed for my I5 750 really because it wasn't but just over a year ago I payed 170 for my crappy Phenom 9850 so compared to what I had this new machine is a beast, not to mention stable. But a price drop would be nice to see.

$208 for a 3.33ghz quad-core 32nm CPU w/ graphics is too expensive? Really? That i5 will run with AMDs top line quad.. What are those prices at, $195 for a 965?

Intels have always been a bit more in price as well compared to AMD.

Granted, you can pickup an i7 920 for $200 from MC, but those are only clocked at 2.66ghz stock and dont offer a whole lot more performance (assuming HT is off, which ALOT of people disable, I know I didnt have a need for it).

$208 for a 3.33ghz quad-core 32nm CPU w/ graphics is too expensive? Really? That i5 will run with AMDs top line quad.. What are those prices at, $195 for a 965?

Intels have always been a bit more in price as well compared to AMD.

Granted, you can pickup an i7 920 for $200 from MC, but those are only clocked at 2.66ghz stock and dont offer a whole lot more performance (assuming HT is off, which ALOT of people disable, I know I didnt have a need for it).

Not anymore. They raised prices

doz, whats wrong with i7 920`s Stock 2.66GHz yes! but mine is running at 4.12GHz on air cooling. super performance. Best buy I have made recently.
cheers

the new i5's are dual cores with on chip graphics... that is one reason the other is they have turbo unlike the i3's. both i3 and i5 in the dual core version have HT(covering for just in case). i5's also have a higher multi then the i3's and i also suspect the i5's(dual core) allow for higher speed ram then i3's.

My mistake then, why are they so high! Hah!

I thought the i5 was still a quad core w/ graphics. Sorry.

And nothing is wrong with a 920. I had one at 4.2ghz daily, and I hit 4.6ghz with it on water. I loved my 920, it was a great chip and I feel I couldve done more with an extreme board, rather than my Intel. Shame I had to sell it all.

The number seems to be 5xx are i3 dual core, 6xx are dual core i5 with graphics, 7xx are i5 quad core with no graphic, 8xx are i7 socket 1156, and 9xx are i7 socket 1366.

i5 7xx is the only one with no hyperthreading at this time. That could change and the new i5 7xx are dual core hyperthreaded with no graphics.

Back