• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ducky Keyboards now available at NewEgg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mechanical boards aren't about durability. If anything, they're more fragile. It's all about the feel of the key.

Just got my DK9087G2 Pro TKL KB, I'd swapped the WASD keycaps with supplied red ones and enabled the LED, looks pretty decent....
20130509_153757_zps2519e5e7.jpg

Looks pretty impressive out of the box, but for me, very few things would I ever care to be white in color since despite how clean you may be, they often get dingy or dirty looking after a short while or discolor. Its like white cabinets in a kitchen, particulary around the door handles where all the cleaning in the world won't make them look new again. Now a white vehicle, thats another story.

Mechanical boards aren't about durability. If anything, they're more fragile. It's all about the feel of the key.

Not sure where you got that, but mechanical keyboards are ALL about durability. Cherry MX switches are rated at 50 million actuations, where as most rubber dome keyboards max out at 10 million. My Ducky is a TKL board and weighs 2.2 pounds. It feels solid as a rock. When I grab my board by the ends and try to twist it, it doesn't flex.

That is why you still see old mechanical keyboards on ebay. They last and last. There are even guys that go out and look for vintage mechanical keyboards.

Looks pretty impressive out of the box, but for me, very few things would I ever care to be white in color since despite how clean you may be, they often get dingy or dirty looking after a short while or discolor. Its like white cabinets in a kitchen, particulary around the door handles where all the cleaning in the world won't make them look new again. Now a white vehicle, thats another story.
These PBT keycaps should last somewhat longer than the regular ABS ones. Anyway, should they turn yellowish over time, it'd be a great excuse to score some custom keycaps....:attn:

Be aware that NewEgg isn't actually selling the keyboards. They are being sold by one of NewEgg's Marketplace vendors which may or may not be as reliable as Newegg.

Ducky Channel is selling them through NewEgg..... Which should be more than reliable, direct from the source company

So i actually went out and bought a mechanical keyboard today with some giftcards for future shop that were collecting dust. Its the steelseries 6GV2 MX cherry black, and i must say it was a difficult change at first, but I am starting to like it much more then my previous dell keyboard :p

Back