• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5-6400 CL32 - F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oooo i didnt know, i wish more would read it
and yea just to heat things up should it have been heat related but it doesn't seem that way

Anyway still going ok, no more hard locks. i'll probably tighten the timings up a little bit, i think i might be able to do cas 32 or 34, but thats for another thread, if theres any thread worth making at all

hopefully this shared knowledge helped out @mauswiesel too,

Hi All, I'm interested in getting this kit

G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series (Intel XMP 3.0) DDR5 RAM 64GB (2x32GB) 6400MT/s CL32-39-39-102 1.40V Desktop Computer Memory UDIMM - Matte Black (F5-6400J3239G32GX2-RS5K​

Can anyone confirm what die variation it comes with A or M die?. I know G.Skill do variations without changing product code and one has to simply check the label on the ram stick and see if it has the M or A in the labels code? Can anyone confirm if they are all m-die being Ripjaws or are there A die variations? Thank you

All new kits are supposed to be A-die, but no one will guarantee that. Trident Z5 2x32GB DDR5-6000 CL30 is A-die. At least the one I reviewed was A-die, and some who decided to buy it after my review confirmed that their kits were A-die too. I assume that 6400 CL32 will be too, as M-die was in kits at a higher voltage or more relaxed timings. A serial number doesn't say what IC is in use.
Tbh. I haven't seen M-die in any kit for about a year except for 24/48GB modules where is only M-die.

Hi All,
New to OC's. But grateful for this site and what I am learning.
Have some questions for you all:

Current situation:
Built new PC:
Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX rev1.0
4 sticks of 16gb of this G.skill Trident Z5RGB DDR5-6400 Memory
Pystar 1000w PSU
MSI CPU aio
Samsung M.2 1T 990pro
3070ti-> will upgrade to a 4070ti soon.

This PC plays a heavy CPU and RAM intensive game. While we don't see any differences in game FPS(XMP on and off), we do see differences in game registry.

updated BIOS, Windows 11 everything is up to date. game runs sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes 30 and game crashes, Every now and then a BSOD.
I lowered the voltage to 1.390 which reduced the number of crashes but still get crashes.
What direction should I go? Continue lowering voltages until I am able to stabilize in game?
I'm all ears for your advice!

Thank you all for your time.

Nevermind, y-cruncher ram test crashes near the start (3-9%). Kind of expected.
Simply running stock XMP 1.4V but 6600 instead of 6400 and that's actually stable, i guess i'll keep it. Raising tREFI increased instability
You running 2 sticks or 4 sticks? Does it make a difference?
Post magically merged:

I have the same when timings are too tight or clock is too high. For example at 6400, most RAM kits are passing nearly every stability test, even at CL28, but at the same settings are randomly crashing in games. I have to set 6200 and CL30 to keep it stable in everything (CL28 works too, but requires a much higher voltage). I just run 6000 CL30 daily, as this is XMP for RAM in my gaming PC.
It can be IMC, motherboard or some single timings. At 6200 I have no problems to stabilize Hynix, Samsung or even Micron. At 6400 it's random.
Starting at XMP point. How does one set to CL30? did you change voltage from 1.400?

Hi All,
New to OC's. But grateful for this site and what I am learning.
Have some questions for you all:

Current situation:
Built new PC:
Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX rev1.0
4 sticks of 16gb of this G.skill Trident Z5RGB DDR5-6400 Memory
Pystar 1000w PSU
MSI CPU aio
Samsung M.2 1T 990pro
3070ti-> will upgrade to a 4070ti soon.

This PC plays a heavy CPU and RAM intensive game. While we don't see any differences in game FPS(XMP on and off), we do see differences in game registry.

updated BIOS, Windows 11 everything is up to date. game runs sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes 30 and game crashes, Every now and then a BSOD.
I lowered the voltage to 1.390 which reduced the number of crashes but still get crashes.
What direction should I go? Continue lowering voltages until I am able to stabilize in game?
I'm all ears for your advice!

Thank you all for your time.

You running 2 sticks or 4 sticks? Does it make a difference?

Starting at XMP point. How does one set to CL30? did you change voltage from 1.400?

Nearly all memory kits and recommended settings are 1DPC = 1 memory module per channel. It means, when you use 4 memory modules, then it probably won't work or you have to adjust some settings manually.
I have no idea how it's acting on Gigabyte motherboards, but generally, I recommend ASUS mid/high models for overclocking, as they have much better RAM support.

If RAM is 1.40V or lower, then it should run at this voltage without issues. However, if you run 4 memory sticks with limited airflow near RAM, then it may overheat and generate errors. It's recommended to keep memory temperatures below 70℃. You can check it with free software like hwinfo64.

Memory timings can be changed in BIOS under RAM or timings tabs. I don't remember where it is exactly on Gigabyte/Intel, but it should be easy to find. CL is first in the main timings section, but you may go up, not down with timings to keep stability with 4 memory modules. It may also require MC (memory controller) voltage bump, something like +0.1V.

I also recommend checking the latest BIOS, even if it's beta.

Is it better to just run 2 memory sticks? we ran a user benchmark with 4 sticks and then with 2 sticks and saw latency increase from 61.3ns to 69.5ns. Do you know why that is?

I wouldn't call a user benchmark good. Just use regular and popular benchmarks like AIDA64. If you had better results with 4 memory sticks, then that says how good that benchmark is.

It's recommended to use 2 memory sticks. If you need higher capacity, it's better to get 2 higher capacity sticks, as it will always give better results. With DDR4 it was a bit different.

Back