• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Driver Crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanBest

So I have ATI 9.12 and the latest Flash. Followed a guide to set it up to use the acceleration. Had no problems over the last few weeks. Today open a trailer in HD on YouTube and screen goes blank, comes back on with artifacts. Had to reset to reboot. Comes back on goes black, then green bars, then black, then comes back to desktop fine. Working ok now for a few minutes.

Anyone else have something similar happen?

Reverted video settings in CCC to default and reverting to stable flash 10 release.

Flash...I wish adobe would die in a fire.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I never tried to enable the hardware accelleration on my rig, though I probably should since the screen is so freakin' huge.

I am using the same version of drivers that you are so I'll try it this week and see if I encounter the same issues you did.

I rebooted and desktop loaded fine, then the driver loaded, screen went black and came back with artifacts then locked up. Rebooted, uninstalled drivers, safe mode, clean, reboot, reinstall, reboot and now everything seems to be ok. Gonna play some games and watch some videos to be sure. Somehow a flash video killed my driver install it seems. Card is fine, definitely the driver.

We'll see...

Back