• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5-650 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jinxjx

Hi there, Maybe a dumb question but with the i5-750, i know it talks to the pci ex slot directly from the cpu. Now how does the new i5-650 handle this, with using a P55 board, beings it has igp on the die ? I know the igp won't be in use on a P55 board....thank you guys.

Same way the Lynnfield's do. It has an Ondie pcix controller. Just think of the IGP as another chip that can be disabld with 1 bios change

The on cpu graphic is not going to function on a p55 board as there is no external video port for that There are 3 new chipsets for socket 1156 that has the video port, can enable the graphic chip, and from what I can tell, will not support sli or crossfire even if you jam in 2 PCIe video cards.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about getting the evga fwt P55 board with a i5-650. Micro center in rockville md still has the i5-650 at $149.99....thanks

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about getting the evga fwt P55 board with a i5-650. Micro center in rockville md still has the i5-650 at $149.99....thanks

Everybody wanting to buy my board. :bday: This board is the best O/C board i have EVER used

Back