• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HMMM 333 pacbell got nothen to loose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

i have succesfully oc my 800>1000 now im looken at the 333 pacbell sys my dad gave me

i juz read the "the secret of oc revieled" but i still must know..... can i flash the bios or somthen to oc it, i dont give a rats @$$ if its a poor system cuz its pretty much useless now so i juz wana know if i can oc it it has no jumpers xept the reset jumper [which actualy gives u the "advanced menu" with 2new options 1;clear passwords 2;change cpu speed the change speed one only lets u choose lower speeds down to 200 [which sux]] any way let me know its its posible i guess ill need to flash the bios or somthen but any help would be appreciated

thx:eh?:

first off, welcome to the forums.

If you can find an updated BIOS for a Packard Bell, it would be on your computer already...'coz you would have to write one for it. There is a GOOD reason why they went out of business...my suggestion would be to find another mobo for that system...it would be a lot easier, and your clocking options can only get better...

Updating a BIOS might give you more multiplier settings at best, but since that CPU has a locked multiplier, that won't help you at all to overclock. The only possible chance you have (a very slim chance at that) is to download a program called softFSB and hope that works. Don't hold your breath though.

You want to OC that cpu? Then I would suggest parting it out and giving the chip to a friend or something. Because in my experience with those old PacBells they dont OC at all. Find another board for that cpu, and then you can OC it. Theres a reason that they used to call them Packard *Hails*. They were some of the hardest comps to do anything with.

LOL OK HEHEHE

it would be completely un cost effective to buy a mobo for that slow thing but thx guyz u answered my question ill prob sell parts on ebay and make like $12 lol thx any way

this forum is so very help full

thx:D

Back