• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Squealing, Screamin Vid cards! SOLVED!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

Hey Fellow Folders:
Any of you have a "Squeal" coming from your Graphics Cards? No, they are not going to melt, and yes everything is ok... But i will not try to explain in detail, or take any credit. I just found this link a while back and its just for those of you that want your cards to fold and give you no lip!!

http://theovalich.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/nvidias-deadly-flaw-and-how-to-fix-it-no-more-gtx280-squealing/

For those of you whom like to get the gist of things... basically, turn off comp... pull out card... take off cover... paint all the "Silver Cylinders" aka Capacitors with clear nail polish not any other kind, your cards aint going to a punk show... let dry... put cover on... place back in comp... turn on... start folding!!! TADA!!! NO SQUEALING!! Pics are avalible at that link for where to pain em... JUST CLICK IT!!

Happy Folding everyone!

Thanks Norcalsteve for sharing this info, I,m sure will be benificial to those that have squealing caps and PWM,s

Mine squeals nicely, but the squealing is in the speakers :(
I think i need some EMF shielding between the GPU and the sound bits on the mobo, where ever they are.

Back