• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Squealing GPUs!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
interesting.......don't nvidia know this happens??

can't they stop it??

Its not just nVidia. It happens with ATI and all make of motherboards as well. They all buy the series inductors
for there on card/MB Vcore power supplies from the same vendor set

Inductor singing is highly variable and varies radically from card/MB sample to sample. One card/MB may sing
like crazy while another, using the same parts, doesn't at all or is barely audible. The case the cards/MB's are
installed in and their position in relation to your ears can effect how good or bad the singing appears to be.

If your particular card is really bad you can RMA it. Moving the computer case to a different position in
the room may do wonders in making it sound better (or worse). Slight changes in position. either you
or the case can make large impact in the sound you hear. The singing sound can be very directional and just
rotating the case at its current position can change how your ears perceive the singing.

Just be aware that no GFX card (especially power hungry top end cards) and/or MB's are immune from series
inductor singing. There will be samples of all of them that sing to one degree or another while others will be
virtually silent.

Viper

i've discovered some ppl don't even hear that sound. usually when fps is really high
my gfx dows that sound, but my friends can't hear that

WE R SPECIAL KIDS!

my 285 gtx does this usually, when im loaing a game. its weired like when i load up a game, it gets loud, but while playing a high end game or doing high end stuff its just a little bit. just when goes though start up videos and **** makes mine go kinda wired.

but its been doing it since day one and i have no problems with it. like viper says, it wont cause any harm.

my old AMD AM2 4200 X2 cpu did this lol. i had it overclocked from 2.2 to 2.6 and it would sing a little while doing full loads

My gts250 does that too and so its my friend gtx260 and 9600gt, nothing to worry about...

My 4890 does that too. Its because the GPUs now contain more hamsters.

Stream Processors are just another word for hamsters.
(Nvidia needs less hamsters because those are on steroids. Were-as ATI uses free-range hamsters).

Either that, or Satan is trapped in my GPU.

WE R SPECIAL KIDS!

High Five!, YAY!

Back