• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do you buy SLI Bridges?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Porvalsh

I'm looking for an SLI Bridge. I purchased a few cards in the classifieds here and want to SLI them. My MSI mobo came with connectors for Crossfire and I had thought that this new Asus P55 Board would too but it didn't.

I've found some on amazon but a lot of people are saying they don't work correctly or only work for a small period of time before failing so I'm unsure what brand to buy and where to get them.

Any advice?

Edit: I'm planning on running the two 8800GTS's in SLI.

I'm looking for an SLI Bridge. I purchased a few cards in the classifieds here and want to SLI them. My MSI mobo came with connectors for Crossfire and I had thought that this new Asus P55 Board would too but it didn't.

I've found some on amazon but a lot of people are saying they don't work correctly or only work for a small period of time before failing so I'm unsure what brand to buy and where to get them.

Any advice?

Edit: I'm planning on running the two 8800GTS's in SLI.

Hmm... If your motherboard didn't come with an SLI bridge that usually means it isn't SLI compatible.. what model mobo do you have? check it on newegg or the manufacture website to see if it mentions anything about that.

You can buy SLI bridges, but I would be hesitant to until you figure out whether or not you can actually support SLI with that board.

Hmm... If your motherboard didn't come with an SLI bridge that usually means it isn't SLI compatible.. what model mobo do you have? check it on newegg or the manufacture website to see if it mentions anything about that.

You can buy SLI bridges, but I would be hesitant to until you figure out whether or not you can actually support SLI with that board.

Asus P7P55D-Pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813131405

I bought the retail version rather than open box because I wanted to make sure the SLI Bridges were in there...but they weren't. :(

Asus P7P55D-Pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813131405

I bought the retail version rather than open box because I wanted to make sure the SLI Bridges were in there...but they weren't. :(

That sucks :(

I found this old thread here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514670

Which contains a link to this SLI bridge:
http://computers.pricegrabber.com/accessories/Supermicro-AOC-SLIB-SLI-BRIDGE-DUAL/m24516191.html

Not sure what else to suggest.. but I know that you can buy them, just look around on a bunch of websites until you find one that looks like it will work :p

Contact ASUS, tell them you bought their mobo and it was missing the SLI Bridge. They just may replace it for you.

Thanks. After digging around on their forums I finally found a post with those linked. Unfortunately they only send them out Fedex Priority at 22 bucks shipping! I copied the p/n into google and found it on amazon for 13 bucks shipped.

Asus only seems to package the SLI connectors with their higher end motherboards, for instance the P7P55D Deluxe. But dang...that thing probably costs them a buck or two to make or purchase from China... in my opinion it should be packaged with boards that are xfire/sli capable, but I'm not the product manager in charge of that decision. Wish I was, that would be a sweet job.

Thanks. After digging around on their forums I finally found a post with those linked. Unfortunately they only send them out Fedex Priority at 22 bucks shipping! I copied the p/n into google and found it on amazon for 13 bucks shipped.

Asus only seems to package the SLI connectors with their higher end motherboards, for instance the P7P55D Deluxe. But dang...that thing probably costs them a buck or two to make or purchase from China... in my opinion it should be packaged with boards that are xfire/sli capable, but I'm not the product manager in charge of that decision. Wish I was, that would be a sweet job.

yeah even if they raised the price of the mobo up for what ever cost was on one of those would be a good idea

Back