• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I buy an SLI bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Hello mates... I'll be moding a DFI Ultra-D to SLI soon and need to find an SLI bridge that's either 2 inches or flexible.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find such?

harlam357 said:
Hello mates... I'll be moding a DFI Ultra-D to SLI soon and need to find an SLI bridge that's either 2 inches or flexible.

If the motherboard is SLi, it would have come with one. I'd say check their site and see if they have one.

harlam357 said:

ebay? :)

If you had an A8N-SLI or if the A8N-SLI's bridge connector will work on a DFI, My mobo is trash and I have a bridge just sitting around. I would have no problem shipping it to you for the cost of shipping :)

@Burninate- can you measure it for me? It needs to be exactly two inches. Thanks for your generosity! :beer:

If this isn't the right length I guess I'll look into a flexible bridge from eBay. Those retailers want too much.

Last edited:
harlam357 said:
@Burninate- can you measure it for me? It needs to be exactly two inches. Thanks for your generosity! :beer:

If this isn't the right length I guess I'll look into a flexible bridge from eBay. Those retailers want too much.

Sorry, No Dice. It measures 2 3/4 inches long. I didn't know they made flexible bridges. As far as I know though, you might be able to run SLI without a bridge connector.

I think you can run sli without a bridge but performance is lower as they have to communicate vie the PCI-e which means less screen data can pass through it. Not sure how much lower it would be tho.

Sam__ said:
I think you can run sli without a bridge but performance is lower as they have to communicate vie the PCI-e which means less screen data can pass through it. Not sure how much lower it would be tho.

I guess I can test this theory... I have a bridge that came with my SLI-DR, which I'm currently using in my main rig. So I could pull it temporarily and test on the modded Ultra-D with and w/o the bridge to see if there's a difference.

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know when nVidia started supporting SLI w/o a bridge?

I've heard of a driver hack that would allow one to run SLI on an Ultra chipset with no modding, but I assumed one would still need a bridge.

As someone questioned previously, of course there's no bridge for this Ultra-D b/c it's not SLI from the factory. I'll be hard modding the chipset to SLI effectively turning it into an nF4 SLI chipset. So I need to find a compatible or third-party bridge.

Back