• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP EXTREME CORE EDITION 139mhz Clock bug after Bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnEEsO

Hello everyone, im new here

A while ago, I flashed my GPU bios after getting new fans for it, cause fans didn't work pretty well at first

I downloaded my GPU bios version from techpowerup, and flashed it using CMD and nvflash and it worked normally for quite some time

but like a week ago, there was an electricity power loss at my house that lasted for like 1 second, the PC booted into windows and everything was normal till I launched a game, my frames went from 200 to 15-20
I got scared and cause I didn't had that issue before I instantly tried uninstalling nvidia drivers using safe mode and DDU, did a windows format, tested the GPU on different PCs and PSU

but none of these worked out, I realized that my GPU core clock are stuck at 139mhz and Memory at 405-810mhz and tried so many things until somehow, I got the idea of testing different manufacture bios for same GPU (GTX 1080 TI), so I picked a Gigabyte this one (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/203179/gigabyte-gtx1080ti-11264-180508)

and the 139mhz clock issue got fixed, but when I played I was getting way less fps and huge stuttering, I didn't find 100% fix for that, but increasing the power limit in MSI afterburner fixed my FPS and got me like 80% or more of my usual FPS

the issue that's going on now, that I have to make sure that msi afterburner is open everyime I play, and sometimes clock speed are so high when im on desktop, and GPU watt consumption is 100W on idle

I cannot take my GPU to anyone where I live cause no one has the knowledge to fix it, I hope someone here knows a fix for this and help me out with, thank you for reading and hope I hear back from someone soon

my PC specs

I7 12700k
MSI z690-A pro
32GB 3600mhz C16
850W EVGA G3 80GOLD PSU

Sounds fried. Time for another gpu if bios ashing with the roght bios doesnt work. :(

The bios you have doesn't seem to let the card power down. Bjt why, no clue.

Sounds fried. Time for another gpu if bios ashing with the roght bios doesnt work. :(

Yesterday after making this post I got my hands on this (https://www.overclock.net/threads/how-to-flash-a-different-bios-on-your-1080-ti.1627212)

and I tried this custom S1080TIXOCNoPowerLimit BIOS, the option for power slider is gone from MSI afterburner, but GPU clock while gaming is working fine, it's even a bit better when the card was at it's best, power usage is normal when idel, no stuttering and everything seems great so far, the last thing is that when my 60hz second monitor is on, and my 144hz main monitor on at both time GPU clock is super high like 1500-1600mhz ish, when I reduce the refresh rate of desktop from 144hz to 120hz, GPU clock drop down to lowest when idle as it should do, so im not sure how to fix that one yet

the last thing is that when my 60hz second monitor is on, and my 144hz main monitor on at both time GPU clock is super high like 1500-1600mhz ish, when I reduce the refresh rate of desktop from 144hz to 120hz, GPU clock drop down to lowest when idle as it should do, so im not sure how to fix that one yet
I believe that's normal with that generation of card(?).

Oh and GPU upgrade is no brainer for sure, I just don't have the money for it, I work as freelance graphic designer and when this GPU broke I made a post. thinking of getting RTX 4070 TI or 4080 in a month or two or when I get the full price of these
Post magically merged:

I believe that's normal with that generation of card(?).
I didn't notice it before, and I saw a firmware update to the Display port not sure if that didn't help or broke it in first place, didn't pay attention to that, but thankfully the GPU working for now till I get an upgrade, I will keep the form/post so maybe someone can use the links I shared or one of the steps that I tried could help them

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Nvidia issues with boosting with multi-monitor setups but it was really dependent on driver version, have you done a filesystem scan to see if there's any damage to Windows itself after the crash? The firmware update was for the 1080ti to be able to fully use displayport 1.4 if memory serves.

Back