• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tv on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewcrew73

So I have a tv tuner card with analog and digital tuner but I want to know is there a way I can hook up an HDTV cable box thru my tv tuner card so I dont have to pay the extra money for a DVR. I can get like 5 channels with an antenna but I can get so much more with the cable box for like 10 bucks extra a month.

CableCARD for ATI cards. Almost exactly like the old satalite recievers. All your subscription (decryption) data is stored on the card and inserted into the ATI Card. I believe only available in the USA. The implimintaion of the technology is far too new to know how 'flexible' it can be in the hands of an expert programmer.

CableCARD for ATI cards. Almost exactly like the old satalite recievers. All your subscription (decryption) data is stored on the card and inserted into the ATI Card. I believe only available in the USA. The implimintaion of the technology is far too new to know how 'flexible' it can be in the hands of an expert programmer.

support for these is sketchy, and depends on your regions cable provider. In some instances you will not be able to get a CableCard programmed from your cable provider no matter how hard you try.

Back