• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck at 3.8 want 4.0!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GatorChamp

Ok so been at it for about 2 and a half hours this morning alone :bang head. tried a million different settings. So far I am stable at 3.8, only on 15 min of prime though I'll stress longer later, but really want to get closer to 4.0. Now 3.8 is at 200x19. My next stepping stone would either be 200x19.5 or 205x19. Both of these blue screen me. Attach a pic. The highest temp I have hit was 39C. Any advice on how to squeeze out that last bit. Also if 3.8 is my limit, I pray to God it's not, would it be better for me to try and balance it more between the FSB and multiplier or is 3.8 at 200x19 the same at 3.8 FSB of 210~ x18? I know in Dolks guild he says something about this not mattering but it was at a lower speed something like 3.3ghz. Finally I have read 1.45 is max volts for x2 550 which is 45nm. That correct?

Thanks for any help.

Just want to make it clear that the picture is what I am TRYING to get, not what I have.

Edit: 3.8 is more stable at 206x18.5 Voltage has also been dropped to 1.4375. Prime 95 has been going at 30 min now at this setting. I blue screened at like 18 min @ 200 x 19

Attachments

• speed3 copy.jpg
    speed3 copy.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Having shots of your system would have been better! Hard to figure out what might be improved if we can't see what we're working on. ;)

What is your cpuNB speed - did you raise it as suggested in Dolk's Guide? For 3.8+ GHz you should be running 22-2400 MHz on the cpuNB.

How about the HT Link? It should be at or below stock - and some systems respond better to it being low, like 1400-1600 MHz.

Are your RAM timings and speed holding their stock values? Or has BIOS been confused by the OC and set them with something odd?

Is the temp you quoted load core temp or something else? Load core temp can be found by running Prime95 & CoreTemp at the same time OR OCCT by itself. CPU temp from the motherboard is not the same thing.
OCCT
Prime95
CoreTemp

So far you're looking good - just a few more tweaks ... :)

First, yes that temp is using Core temp and that is under load using prime. My NB is sitting at 2266 which is up from 2000. THIS screen shot is my current system specs. I have not messed with the memory as I didnt fully understand the memory second of the guide.

Attachments

• ocforums.jpg
    ocforums.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 196
Some systems like this better, on the other hand yours may crash. ;)

HTRef 224
CPU 17X
vCore 1.50v (check load temp after raising!)
cpuNB 11X (may need to use 10X)
cpuNB voltage 1.25v (check load temp after raising!)
RAM DDR2-800
vDIMM 2.15v
timings 5-5-5-15

If that boots check load temps at those settings to make sure you're at 50°C or less before proceeding. If you can't set cpuNB voltage you may have to use 10X for the cpuNB multiplier. If this boots OK and load temp is OK then continue raising the HTRef in increments of 3 MHz.

If that doesn't work then keep going they way you have been but raise the vCore to 1.50v and check load temp before you start raising the CPU multi again ...

Sweet sounds good. I will give it a try after class, and yes I can mess with my voltage on my Nbridge. Thanks for the help.

Back