• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit KR&A-Raid and sound Blaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I am having a great deal of problems concerning my motherboard and my sound card. Everytime I put it in a pci slot and turn the computer on something abnormal happens like a fatal error. Then i take it out and it works fine. Anybdy have any suggestions. Also the same happens with USB. My sound card is sound blaster live 5.1 +mp3

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
.....and to the addiction:eek:

It is a very well documented problem with Creative products & VIA chipsets, more specific to the 686B SouthBridge, used in your board. Read this 686B FAQ for a bette understanding of it. If you need more help PAUL would be the best place to look first then just post back here & we will be glad to help:beer:

Abit-RAID boards do not share irq's well, do to Highpiont controller, check your manuel if I am right u cannot use pci slot #2/4/5 may be wrong on the exact number of pci slot (4*5) but sure on 2 and I am sure there are 3 slots it tells u not to use! so I say try it in pci slot 3 ( mine is) and use the newest bios or u have to adjust some setting in bios! and try Pauls site for a good article on sblive issues!;) I have abit raid board! and good luck!;)

Back