• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HTPC Blu-ray playback problem, help me gurus!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CarlJohnson

My new HTPC has been working flawless for a few weeks now. I watched The Time Traveler's Wife on Blu-ray(don't laugh, my wife picked it) and it played great even while recording the Olympics in HD. Yesterday I tried to watch 2012 and it played the previews fine but when it got to the main movie the title sequence would play over and over but I couldn't start the movie. I also noticed the chapter and title display had dashes and wasn't counting seconds. The chapter/title displayed the right info during the previews. I looked through all the settings but didn't see anything wrong. The 2012 movie is a Sony movie and I don't remember what the other one was. I'm using PowerDVD9 by itself and as a WMC plugin and get the same results. Any ideas? Hardware is Athlon II 240, ASUS 785G, windows 7 home premium 32bit.

Been googling trying to find an answer but no luck. Surely someone has encountered this problem before?

Been googling trying to find an answer but no luck. Surely someone has encountered this problem before?

Blu Ray is really annoying. They change the copy protection scheme whenever they want, and new discs may not work at all until the software gets an update. Check that first.

Thanks for the suggestion. Checked and all software is up to date. I watched Surrogates last night(crazy *** movie) and it played fine. It is a Touchstone movie so I think my issue is Sony related.

Try another player? most people prefer Arc soft Total Media Theatre 3.
Another option is WinDVD

i think vlc is sposed to work if you already have a player (and its free so you dont need to buy another proggie)

Back