• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

resonable overclock for a athlon x4..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheQuadFather

hey guys
what would be a reasonable overclock for my amd athlon II x4 620? please consider it has a stock cooler and a 220mm fan cooling the entire motherboard, the memory is at 1333mhz- i might over clock this too..

the only thing i can change is the HT ref. clock and the memory voltage, can i just overclock the cpu? if i can do i just push up the HT ref. clock until i get my desired clock speed?

I would say slowly work them up. If you are lucky enough to have a good board and a get a good aftermarket cooler 3.9+ can be done. But I think 3.7-8 is more realistic.

the only thing i can change is the HT ref. clock and the memory voltage, can i just overclock the cpu? if i can do i just push up the HT ref. clock until i get my desired clock speed?

To isolate the CPU you must work with the Dividers (HT, NB, and MEM) and the CPU core voltage.

Mine OCed to about 4GHz, but not on the stock cooler and I dont OC for 24/7 use. I would suspect that 3.5 would be about the max on stock cooler depending on temps for 24/7.

Back