• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek WinFast PxVC1100 MPEG-2/H.264 Transcoding Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
wow that thing's quick. Wish it supported 2 pass encoding. I also wish they'd compared it to a fast i7 rather than C2Q, but it looks like it's still going to be faster than i7 at encoding.

wow that thing's quick. Wish it supported 2 pass encoding. I also wish they'd compared it to a fast i7 rather than C2Q, but it looks like it's still going to be faster than i7 at encoding.

well what roughly had 30% to the numbers of the C2Q and you have about where the i7 would perform. though nothing is still as good as actually benching a i7 vs the card. i just found the review interesting for the use of XDR ram and it being a standalone transcoder. last time i saw one was back when Mpeg2 was the rage.

So, this looks pretty good. Real-time H264 encoding seems doable.

Just to make sure, an I5-750 can't do real time encoding can it?

So, this looks pretty good. Real-time H264 encoding seems doable.

Just to make sure, an I5-750 can't do real time encoding can it?

cpu is the jack of all trades, it can do many things but being mediocre at it. it takes specialized hardware to be able to things in real-time. either that or your gonna need more cpus/cores to try to do it in realtime.

Back