• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-LI water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Yo all

I´m thinking about getting a water cooled case. Koolance would be the easy way to go, but I don´t like their cases. I would like to build around a Lian-Li case. Does anybody know of any links that describe water cooling projects in Lian-Li cases?

regards,
Henry.

I have seen Lian-Li cases with water cooling but when asked where I draw a blank! I do agree that the Coolance cases are not the best and you can set up a much better water cooler on your own.

What watercooling parts are you thinking of getting? Can you either post a pic of the inards of the case or a link to it so I can check it out maybe I can give some recomendations on components/location based on what the case looks like.

Haven´t decided exactly which Lian-Li case yet; but it will be the PC-60 or PC-70(or one of its versions). Found a few inside shots, look:
PC-75 fulltower
pc75220.jpg
CA-LLPC12B_6.jpg

inside160.jpg

PC-65 midtower
CA-LLPC65*_11.gif

CA-LLPC60_2.jpg

PC-76 Server case -monster size
pc76220.jpg
back180.jpg
inside220.jpg

(PC-76 might be a bit big though. Rather expensive too.)

regards,
Henry.

That PC-76 case looks mighty nice! Plenty of room for water cooling equipment. I like cases with lots of room. One thing I look for is a case that has enough room above the power supply to add a radiator because I prefer that location instead on the lower front. It will work in the mid tower but you may loose a few drive bays.

I would say the 76... but doesn't that case cost like over $350?

If not, the 70 might be acceptable. A Midtower might be a little tight, you might not have enough room to mod anything or enough room to work with.. I always think bigger is better.

Yah...the PC-76 might be a bit too expensive. About $320 on sale + about $100 freight...:(

In terms of water cooling equipment I was thinking:
Black Ice radiator with one Papst 120mm fan, Dangerden Maze2, Eheim 1046 with water tank. What about that?
ehtank2.jpg

Water tank.

I will replace the chipset fan with a large heatsink, and propably i will get a vga water cooler as well.

Problem about dis: The price is now way beyond even the Antec case Koolance....

regards,
Henry.

Do you have to go with the Lian-Li for the look? I have a pair of Inwin Q500 cases moded for water cooling and they have worked out very nice, plenty of room in the full tower. Antec makes some nice cases a full tower cases to and one should suit your needs perfect. With a nice roomy case you can mount all the cooling equipment out of the way. One problem with jamming stuff in a small case is that you loose space and may have hoses/wires running over the area where the PCI slots are making it a pain to work on the machine later. Whatever brand you choose do yourself a favor and get a case with plenty of room.

Ouch! $500? Dang.. thats hurts... unless you have a bunch to blow in the first place...

2 WC Systems? In a 70 that seems cramped.. 1 is comfortable? But 2? I'm thinking a pump, reservoir, and radiator fan combo for each system, that is alot of equipment to fit into 1 case no matter how big it is.. Dunno if you could fit much more in there...

Oh well, if you get it, post about it.

Nah I don´t know if it has to be Lian-Li, they are very stylish though and that matters since I was thinking of having it on the desk rather than under it. Soft neon tubs in aqua blue, maybe paired with a slightly smaller red one. In addition to to this an UV-neon tube, hopefully paired with a flourecent addition to the cooling liquid. A 2-bay height VFD display. And finally all in beuty black.

Whatchu think of that? A work art, a lavalamp-lookalike or trailor park heaven? :D

regards,
Henry.

That case looks pretty clean.

Lian li cases are nice, and it would be really cool to water cool in one of them.

It's doable. On the PC-70 you could put a 120mm back radiator, like a Blackice or a Cube fairly easily.

Henry-
Where'd you find that nice Eheim with the tank ?? Looks perfect for my new project!!!
:D

Yo Henry-
Just ordered the Lian PC 70 to replace my Antec 1040B. Gonna mount the radiator up top this time around and just got my Eheim 1250, and gonna mount that down at the bottom. Just got a box'o stuff to go to 1/2" from 3/8" on the H2O unit. Got me a DD Maze 2-1, a CPUFX Z4, and a DD GeForce cooler, all with 1/2" barbs. Let's see what works best.....

Trieber said:
Ouch! $500? Dang.. thats hurts... unless you have a bunch to blow in the first place...

2 WC Systems? In a 70 that seems cramped.. 1 is comfortable? But 2? I'm thinking a pump, reservoir, and radiator fan combo for each system, that is alot of equipment to fit into 1 case no matter how big it is.. Dunno if you could fit much more in there...

Oh well, if you get it, post about it.
i have a pc70 and i doubt 2 WC systems will fit without heavy mods...

meatpipe said:
Yo Henry-
Just ordered the Lian PC 70 to replace my Antec 1040B. Gonna mount the radiator up top this time around and just got my Eheim 1250, and gonna mount that down at the bottom. Just got a box'o stuff to go to 1/2" from 3/8" on the H2O unit. Got me a DD Maze 2-1, a CPUFX Z4, and a DD GeForce cooler, all with 1/2" barbs. Let's see what works best.....

Way to go! If you have a digital camera post some shots of when you are done. :drool: :D

regards,
Henry

Save yourself some money. This is the same rad Danger Den sales. I found it at Checker Auto. Its from a Chevy Chevette 1976-1986. I modded the tubes and now working on the shrouds front and back.

Back