• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patching of Call Of Duty 4 MW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artas1984

Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare - since the game is so popular, i though there should be enough who know and can help me here..

How i am supposed to patch this game? I do not find any links related to the way patching must be done, only plenty of patches...

Should i do one by one?

1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.4 -> 1.5 -> 1.6 -> 1.7

Or should i just patch 1.7 straight?

just get 1.7, most any patch i have seen all patches are in the next one that were in prior ones, why they are usually larger, i would say if 1.7 is smaller then 1.6 or 1.5 then you need to do them in order.

just get 1.7, most any patch i have seen all patches are in the next one that were in prior ones, why they are usually larger, i would say if 1.7 is smaller then 1.6 or 1.5 then you need to do them in order.

In other works you are not sure yourself. :confused:
Ok, i will wait for more replies, i don't wana screw up my game so i have to be sure.

Cussing/Swearing/Cursing/Foul Language/Whatever you choose to call it is FORBIDDEN as per forum rules. This is a G-Rated forum. If you'd like to stay, you will follow our rules. - JoT

Last edited by a moderator:
In other works you are not sure yourself. :confused:
Ok, i will wait for more replies, i don't wana screw up my game so i have to be sure.

You might wanna edit your post before any of the mods see it... sweary words are not permitted... even tho you missed out a letter i still think it will be frowned upon...

You wont screw up the game if you try and install the latest patch... it will tell you if you need an earlier patch installed for you to install the most recent...

You might wanna edit your post before any of the mods see it... sweary words are not permitted... even tho you missed out a letter i still think it will be frowned upon...

You wont screw up the game if you try and install the latest patch... it will tell you if you need an earlier patch installed for you to install the most recent...

I don't understand what did i say WRONG!!!
The guy clearly did not answered my question, because he was confused!!!

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?
I am not going to edit anything, because i don't know what is swearing! If fact i know - it is when people say "i swear i will serve you my lady to the death"!!!
Other than that i don't get it!!!
Leave me alone!!!

I am moderator in another game forum and if don't know the answer, i don't say like a confused one!!!

you need to download the 1.6 patch
and the 1.6-1.7 patch

DONE

That's the way i expect to get answers!

Was it difficult?

Cussing/Swearing/Cursing/Foul Language/Whatever you choose to call it is FORBIDDEN as per forum rules. This is a G-Rated forum. If you'd like to stay, you will follow our rules.

I don't have a problem... i advised you politely and you spout that BS?

Reported

Excuse me what? How dare you?

I came here to get help, i am an adult and you start making me uncofortable here! I asked for help and got an answer that was not sure!
And i just said that i will be waiting for another asnwer!!!

I don't understand, can somebody help me here?
Why does this guy "report" me if i did not do anything wrong?
Maby he does not have a life and likes to report all the newcomers who ask for help? Is this how you treat people?:screwy:

Cussing/Swearing/Cursing/Foul Language/Whatever you choose to call it is FORBIDDEN as per forum rules. This is a G-Rated forum. If you'd like to stay, you will follow our rules.

Ok, so you show me the rules. But i don't understand why do you show them here, because i have not done anything wrong..

Ok, I am pulling out my Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. I turned it over. Read don't panic... Ah much better.

If we let the disagreement go past. Can we please just drop it. Less questions get answered/discussed by arguing. No matter who feels they are right/

Ok back on the topic discussion... So lets try it by asking another question. :D

OP is your question answered?

If not, we can do some checking and maybe clarify what your looking for. I am not a gamer, nor know the game your asking about. I will try and help you best I can though. Just if you could work with me helping you.

Excuse me what? How dare you?

I came here to get help, i am an adult and you start making me uncofortable here! I asked for help and got an answer that was not sure!
And i just said that i will be waiting for another asnwer!!!

I don't understand, can somebody help me here?
Why does this guy "report" me if i did not do anything wrong?
Maby he does not have a life and likes to report all the newcomers who ask for help? Is this how you treat people?:screwy:
I suggest you read the green. I also suggest you drop the issue.

Why are you so defensive? Here are your answers...

Questions:
I don't understand what did i say WRONG!!!
i don't know what is swearing!
Answer:
----------
Question:
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Answer:
He doesn't have one. He was trying to help you out so a mod wouldn't end up PMing you about language.
----------
I am moderator in another game forum and if don't know the answer, i don't say like a confused one!!!

You being a mod on another forum has nothing to do with this forum...
He gave you a legitimate answer.

Question:
That's the way i expect to get answers!

Was it difficult?

Answer
:
Everyone answered your question perfectly. The answer was it doesn't matter how you try to install patches. If you try in the wrong order, you'll get a prompt letting you know, and your game wouldn't get messed up.

EDIT: Left my desk for a few mins before submitting and JoT was already here...lol

Gosh i just realised that!!!

Ok sorry all, i though that if i edit that bad word, so that it does not sound directly as the original one, than it is not a bad word.

Apparently i was surprised by this issue and got it all wrong what's up.

I will be careful in the future with these variations of such bad words even if they are changed from originals...

Ok...now you're typing it again. It has also been quoted above. Let's all take a quick step back and look at our text, then remove the word that has been referenced too many times already from our posts. Ok? Thanks.

Past the side track issue..

Are you good to go and have your question(s) settled?

Gosh i just realised that!!! ---> f*k

Ok sorry all, i though that if i edit that bad word, so that it does not sound directly as the original one, than it is not a bad word.

Apparently i was surprised by this issues and got it all wrong what's up.
I will be careful in the future with these variations of such words...

It's all good... :bday:

Good, everyone has said their piece, the mistake has been realized and we can all go on with our lives. :)

Thread closed as the question has been answered.

By the way, for future reference, pretty much every single thread relating to our rules is located in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back