• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question: Verifying Timings and speed of memory OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kempelito

Hello all!
Thanks for a wonderful forum, i have read through alot of posts and ofcourse Woomack's profiles for OC memories past few weeks and retrieved very good information due i'm new at OC'ing memories rather than do XMPs.

My PC is about 2-3 weeks old and my specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 8 Cores / 8 Threads / 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS XTREME - E-ATX / Z390
Cooler: ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360mm
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 16GB (2x8GB) / 4266MHz / DDR4 / CL19 / F4-4266C19D-16GTZR
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 11GB
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL / Tempered Glass
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus series SSD 1TB M.2 (MZ-V7S1T0BW) and Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 256GB

Im happy with my build and have tested heavy games like RDR2 with good results.

OT: After XMP failed for these RAM (4266 19-19-19-39 1.40V) i started to wonder. I read alot of forumthreads and noticed that this speed is not simple to achieve.
So, i achieved alot of information here so i tried with 1.45V and SA/IO 1.1 ~ 1.25 and laborated alot but could not achieve more that 4000mhz but not stable. Windows boot was fine but Chrome crashed and so on.
I tried once with SA 1.35 (became yellowmarked in BIOS and IO 1.3 and could boot into Windows but unstable on 4266mhz.

Yesterday i was frustrated so i degraded myself with lower frequencies and tighter timings and nothing is crashing. Havn't benchmarked yet but i will. Just a checkup if you guys think this is good settings or if tRFC is too high and maybe i could lower it to 500? Or just stay with this and try benchmark.

Frequency: 3866Mhz
Timings: 16-16-16-32 1.4V (1.2 VCCSA and 1.2 VCCIO)
Temp in game load: 48C (According to HWMonitor)

Im very satisfied with this and both I know and you know that i wont achieve much more performance in gaming. I mean, my motherboard should keep up with this dont you think :)

Please tell me if i should do any changes/tweaking before checking latency. I appriciate your help so much.

Attachments

• oc.PNG
    oc.PNG
    278.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back